Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the first main entry in the modern Ninja Gaiden series not to be directed by former Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki. NG3 features new game mechanics, a focus on consequence and 8-player online modes.

Ninja Gaiden 3 multiplayer looks sweet, hopefully fun like AC mp

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

As usual, gamers cry for change and when it comes they go full-force to hate it.

That said, Ninja Gaiden 3 has shown that it has competitive multiplayer. I personally think it looks sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LTBTDCUKKn8

It has the fast-paced action with the combo system found in the single player portion, it has fireballs flying everywhere, the dueling sword part reminds me of the chainsaw duels in Gears of War except you can commit Seppukku for "honorable death", and the gliding in on someone to kill them looks amazing.

I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from? Why do people hate when games try to add extra features? Assassins Creed series did it successfully (it's one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time).

What say you?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Oh wow, that looks teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible to me.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ramone

This looks like something that is either going to be fucking great like the Assassins creed multiplayer or absolutely awful and unbalanced.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

I don't get the AC comparison, they both look fun in completely different ways.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

@Cloudenvy said:

Case and point of not giving it a chance.

@Marz: I meant more how AC was a single player game that added fun multiplayer, similar to what NG is doing. Not that they are the same multiplayer styles.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By jacksukeru

Looks messy.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Slaker117

Couldn't really tell what was going on from watching that. Lot of dudes cutting each other, but I get no sense of how it works. Assuming that it's as straightforward as a typical action game, it just seems like it would be a mess.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh I couldn't be less excited for Ninja Gaiden 3, and that trailer reminded me of that. It just looks kinda stale.

The multiplayer itself might be neat, but I also don't see the lasting appeal. Really what amuses me most about all of this is that Japanese devs are trying to put multiplayer in their game. Good luck, sirs. At least they're trying something.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By DocHaus

These guys are the worst ninja ever. Why aren't they blending into the environment, earning the trust of the enemy over days, and then slitting their throats in their sleep before they even suspect a thing? Instead these guys are screaming in broad daylight and trying to block a swordpoint with their ribcage. Maybe that's the in-joke, that your masters have gathered you all in one boxed arena because they secretly know you are the worst ninja and are placing side bets on which one of you will die first.

All kidding aside though, this might be good. But AssCreedBro this game is not (whether in story or multiplayer mode).

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Bobby_The_Great said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Case and point of not giving it a chance.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be fun, I wasn't saying that it was definitely going to be absolutely terrible.

I said that the video makes it look terrible to me, so shush.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust

Looks interesting, but depending of the variety of the carnage it can get repetitive over a little time.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tylea002

I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan, so I should have the knee jerk reaction of 'dumb.' But I feel more like this could be amazing, a la Assasin's Creed, or godawful. It's not going to be in the middle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.