Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Fans of Harvest Moon look forward to another game in the series.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

Harvest Moon: Twin Villages lets you choose your farming lifestyle (source) 

Harvest Moon: Twin Villages lets you choose your farming lifestyle

Good news for farming fans, another Harvest Moon DS game is in the pipeline. Never mind that North America still hasn’t gotten Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands or Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar (Bokujou Monogatari: Youkoso Kaze no Bazaar e), that can’t keep us from getting excited about Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Bokujou Monogatari: Futago no Mura). The biggest news about this entry is that there are two distinct villages in the game, Bluebell and Konohana, each with their own specialty. Depending on where your character lives, he/she will focus on either raising animals in Bluebell or raising crops in Konohana.

Like all Harvest Moon games, Harvest Moon: Twin Villages begins with a young entrepreneur   who decides that the farm life is the perfect life. All his/her life, the character has wanted a little farm at the foot of the mountain to call his/her own. The thing is, there are two villages there: Bluebell and Konohana. And both mayors want this new farmer to join their village. So, you get to choose based on what aspect of the game you like better.

Famitsu has some preliminary screenshots which look very nice. It seems that, like Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind BazaarHarvest Moon: Twin Villages is using the pastel and more intricate backgrounds found in the Rune Factory DS games. The Bluebell screenshots show a European/Western style village with llamas, horses, cows and two dogs that look like some kind of terrier and a St. Bernard. The Konohana screenshots show off a more traditional Japanese village, and crops that appear to be strawberries, turnips, tomatos and perhaps lettuce. (This may just be me, but one crop looks like cauliflower to me.) Famitsu also confirms that there will be rice paddies to maintain and players can keep bees for the first time in the series.

So far, an indefinite “winter” release date has been assigned. However, if you check the official Bokujou Monogatari: Futago no Mura website and look at the fine print, you’ll see “© 2010 Marvelous Entertainment Inc,” so I’m guessing we won’t be seeing this game in 2009.

No North American release has been announced, but it’s pretty likely. Natsume’s never failed Harvest Moon fans before. So chances are, we’ll be playing Harvest Moon: Twin Villages sometime in 2011.

I haven't missed a Harvest Moon game yet and they have never disappointed me and I really like this 2 village scenario.  However, the date - 2011(realistic US date)?  Surely we will see a new DS by then.  How might that affect a release so far into the future? 

I am also pleased they are borrowing from the Rune Factory workshop for style as that series is excellent as well. 

Any other fans of Harvest Moon pleased with the continuation of this series?
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

I always think harvest moon games relax me the most . I used to play wonderful life on the gamecube and it relaxed me after a hard days work . Ironic really . I wonder if they will add things like tractors etc . Make it modern

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " I always think harvest moon games relax me the most . I used to play wonderful life on the gamecube and it relaxed me after a hard days work . Ironic really . I wonder if they will add things like tractors etc . Make it modern "
    They made a modern one on the PSP, A Futuristic Harvest Moon.  It wasn't very good, but not horrible. 

I find them relaxing as well.  I also got Another Wonderful Life and played quite a few scenarios.  My daughters both love the series a lot as well.  The next one, Animal March I think, has a Circus animal theme.  It will interesting to see if that is just a one trick pony or a nice addition.
    Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Atlas

All the best Harvest Moon games have been for consoles; the original on the SNES, Harvest Moon 64, and A Wonderful Life in particular were all fantastic games. None of the handheld games really hooked me in, even though HM2 for GBC was my first game in the series. 

What about that Harvest Moon Online game I read about like two years ago for the 360 and PS3? The premise sounded awesome; not an MMO, but an Animal Crossing style drop-in and trade and chat style system. And yeah, they need to work out ways to expand and improve the gameplay.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Harvest Moon is a great way to relax. 

It all sounds great, giving choice to players is always good. If there's two save files I guess you could play both villages, and flick between the two. 

Got my eyes on it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Harvest Moon is a great way to relax.  It all sounds great, giving choice to players is always good. If there's two save files I guess you could play both villages, and flick between the two.  Got my eyes on it. "
    It is quite therapeutic.  A nice diversion from the killing.  I need that from all my bloodlust in House of Dead: Overkill.  All that shooting legs and arms off is fun, but I should balance that out a little  ^-^
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rallier

Bluebell here i come! 

Never liked the animals really, crops always have been worth more and the satisfaction of bringing in a big harvest does not really compares to milking a barn full of cows and making mayonnaise with the milk. 

Interesting thing with this game though is that I'll probably want to play through it twice to experience each village.

@Atlas said:

"

All the best Harvest Moon games have been for consoles; the original on the SNES, Harvest Moon 64, and A Wonderful Life in particular were all fantastic games. None of the handheld games really hooked me in, even though HM2 for GBC was my first game in the series. 

What about that Harvest Moon Online game I read about like two years ago for the 360 and PS3? The premise sounded awesome; not an MMO, but an Animal Crossing style drop-in and trade and chat style system. And yeah, they need to work out ways to expand and improve the gameplay.

"

The GBA game Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral village is the best in the series in my opinion.

Some of the DS games already have a online trading feature, a drop-in feature in which you can help people out would be neat but i don't think i would like to go online to help someone else out harvesting a field.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By damswedon

i may be ready for another harvest moon

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @damswedon said:
    " i may be ready for another harvest moon "
    How ready would that be?
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By damswedon
    @oldschool: im guessing in about 6 months i will be jumping into a harvest moon game.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai
    @oldschool: I mean no disrespect but I never found the Harvest Moon games to be appealing. Someone got me a harvest moon game for my GC and it's just the most boring game I ever played. If I want to work on a farm then I can just call my uncle. I am sure he won't mind the extra help. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
    @Mordukai said:
    " @oldschool: I mean no disrespect but I never found the Harvest Moon games to be appealing. Someone got me a harvest moon game for my GC and it's just the most boring game I ever played. If I want to work on a farm then I can just call my uncle. I am sure he won't mind the extra help.  "
    No disrespect taken.  It is very much a niche game.  I couldn't recommend it to everyone as I can see how it would be boring if not inclined to play it.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbomonkey138

I wish harvest moon could add stuff like they do on the sims . More customization . Also get rid of those dumb harvest sprites . I HATE YOU !!!!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldschool
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " I wish harvest moon could add stuff like they do on the sims . More customization . Also get rid of those dumb harvest sprites . I HATE YOU !!!! "
    What did they do to you? 

Agreed, a full blown Sims meets Harvest Moon game would be good.I find the characters in Harvest Moon much more interesting than I do with the Sims franchise.  In that respect, a PC game where you can go online (but not a pay for MMORPG thing) would be nice.  Still, I prefer it as a Wii game and DS for on the go.
    Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

I'm still waiting for a real solid Harvest Moon title from Natsume.  The last few titles felt really half-assed, which means I haven't like anything Harvest Moon since AWL.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldschool
    @CommodoreGroovy said:
    " I'm still waiting for a real solid Harvest Moon title from Natsume.  The last few titles felt really half-assed, which means I haven't like anything Harvest Moon since AWL. "
    The Rune Factory ones have been pretty good, but true, a couple haven't had the required effort to make them absolute classics.  But, I still love all of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.