Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Fighters for the DS?

the9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the9

I dabbled in playing some Street Fighter 4 at ComicCon and now I'm in the fighting game mood. Any good fighting games for the DS only? I played some Bleach DS,which was underwhelming imo, and some Jump Ultimate Stars only to remember that I dislike the Smash Bro's-like gameplay so yeah...recommendations?

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Homer

Not any good ones that I know about... lol

SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamChamploo
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat, it has online play.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SpecTackle

I was in the same position, and unfortunately there's just not really anything that great. I sunk to getting this DBZ fighter, and I haven't touched it since the first day I had it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I heard the Bleach game was awesome, but I never played it. Maybe this is something you're interested in.

Hellscell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hellscell

yea the bleach game is very good, fast paced not reallly anything like st4 more like guilty gear

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Gmanall

There is a Naruto fighter game

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ

You should be able to find Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the GBA. its got everyone from the championchip edition.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

There was also Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers, but I wouldn't recommend that. By the way the9, I have to say that your user icon is freakishly hideous. >_<

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

As most people said, Ultimate Mortal Kombat. That's the only one worth it imo.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

There's that smash bros style game with characters from DBZ and I think other franchises, I think it's supposed to be good? I don't have a DS...

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brydello

Jump Superstars or Jump Ultimate Stars.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brydello

Also, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers. It isn't the best but I still find it fun.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
    Al3xand3r said:
    "There's that smash bros style game with characters from DBZ and I think other franchises, I think it's supposed to be good? I don't have a DS..."
    you are refering to Jump Ultimate Stars, and while it is probably the best fighter on the DS, its in Japanese and if you dont have a translation or a knowledge of the Japanese language, getting the most out of this game is going to be hard.
    brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By brydello
    AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "There's that smash bros style game with characters from DBZ and I think other franchises, I think it's supposed to be good? I don't have a DS..."
    you are refering to Jump Ultimate Stars, and while it is probably the best fighter on the DS, its in Japanese and if you dont have a translation or a knowledge of the Japanese language, getting the most out of this game is going to be hard.
    "
    Translation guides are available.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    MrMiyagi said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "
    Translation guides are available. "
    Yeah, and i used them and unlocked all the characters, but that is more work than most people would want to go through.
    brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By brydello
    AgentJ said:
    "MrMiyagi said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "
    Yeah, and i used them and unlocked all the characters, but that is more work than most people would want to go through.
    "
    If you're using an R4, Cyclo DS and other flash carts, you can also get a translation patch.
    I have an import copy of both Superstars and Ultimate Stars, but I have them backed up and patched in english on my R4.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
    MrMiyagi said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "MrMiyagi said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "
    "
    If you're using an R4, Cyclo DS and other flash carts, you can also get a translation patch. I have an import copy of both Superstars and Ultimate Stars, but I have them backed up and patched in english on my R4."
    Jesus, i should've gotten an R4 while I was in Japan. I thought about it and decided against it. I was already finished with the game at the time, but god damn... oh well

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.