Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Migrated your Mii to your DS? What would you like your it to do?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    For those who don't already know, this is what you do:

On your Wii, go to the Mii channel and follow this button code - A, B, 1 then hold 2 and you get the following message:

No Caption Provided
    Apparently, it is a function to use with the new Personal Trainer pedometer.  As I am not about to or likely to get that, you have to wonder, "what else could they use it for?"

Get your thinking caps on.  If they can use your Mii on the DS, what applications would you like to see it used in?

Me (or is that Mii?), I want to be the lead character in the next Final Fantasy game  :-)

EDIT: Sory about the typo in the header:  "What would you like it to do?" is what it was supposed to be  :-(    When are we going to be able to edit our headers?
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#2  Edited By JackiJinx

The only thing I can think of that'd be mildly entertaining is stretching your Mii out via the Mario 64 start screen method, though bloodier. That, would be excellent.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Maybe he could sit there on the dashboard, and look in whatever direction you touch the screen, uselessly.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool

Man, you guys have no imagination  :-)

I want to be able to use it in games.  I would look good as a a Wizard in an RPG.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Godwind
    oldschool said:
    Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to use it in games. I would look good ... [more]
    How about a MMORPG?
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By JackiJinx
    oldschool said:
    Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to use it in games. I would look good ... [more]
    Sure, porting a Mii to replace a main character in a game is much more imaginative. Right.

The fact is, there's not very much anyone can do with an avatar except perhaps use it as a character and maybe edit it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
    Godwind said:
    oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to use it in games. I would ... [more]
    Yeah - GiantBomb DS.  An MMORPG where we go around killing fanboys and searching for the truth about the universe.  I can see that.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind
    oldschool said:
    Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to use it in games. ... [more]

I wasn't being sarcastic you know.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    Godwind said:
    oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to use it ... [more]
    I wasn't being sarcastic.  It was just light, lame humour  :-)

I think it has many potential applications, but MMORPG isn't something Nintendo seems to like  :-(
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Godwind
    oldschool said:
    Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be able to ... [more]

Nintendo really isn't die hard for online gaming.  Mostly due to the expenses that go with it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    Godwind said:
    oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want to be ... [more]
    True.  Everything they talk about is how it can be don without ongoing fees.  I don't see how that is a problem from my perspective - it is just market positioning.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Endogene

I guess they could remake pictochat into a 3D chat room where you can walk around with your mii.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    Endogene said:
    I guess they could remake pictochat into a 3D chat room where you can walk around with your mii. [more]
    That would be a nice little extra actually.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Godwind
    oldschool said:
    Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination :-)I want ... [more]

Keep in mind that hosting video game servers in the united states is still expensive.  I believe that is also true about Australia, with the entire population living on the shores.  Only in Europe and Japan is it really a viable plan to go with this option.  They only seem to add the online mode if they think that game can sell well.  For the most part, this seems to be true.

Rank (Nintendo Games Only)
     Game Copies Sold
     Mario Kart Wii
     15 Million
     Super Smash Bros. Brawl
     8.4 Million
    Animal Crossing
    3.1 Million
    Wii Music
    2.5 Million
    Mario Strikers Charged
    1.9 Million
    Pokemon Revolution
    1.3 Million
    Endless Ocean
    .93 Million
    Battalion Wars 2
    .20 Million
    Excitebots: Tricks Racing
    .03 Million
    Dr. Mario Online Rx
    Unknown
    Wii Chess
    Unknown

As you can see, most of online games they make seem to be popular.  Either because it is an online game, a rarity amongst Wii games or because they are only going to develop a game with online modes if they think it can sell well.
    oldschool said:
    Endogene said: I guess they could remake pictochat into a 3D chat room where you can walk around with your ... [more]
    Sounds like the Wii Speak Channel.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
    Godwind said:
    oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have no imagination ... [more]
    I am indifferent to online, but I can't get online anyway.  I tried mucking about a bit with the 360 and it did nothing for me.  I even tried Advance Wars online and whilst it was a little bit of fun, I haven't been back.  I still think they should make the online experience as interesting as possible and not just another 'me too' of Microsoft or Sony.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Godwind
    oldschool said:
    Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Godwind said: oldschool said: Man, you guys have ... [more]

Generally speaking, I like online gaming with the computer anyways.  Overall, there are better tools to make online support better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.