Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Point of dsxl

TenaciousE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TenaciousE

I thought that systems were suppose to be getting smaller, more portable, and Nintendo ruined them selves or will, anyone agree with the xl??

TenaciousE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TenaciousE

I thought that systems were suppose to be getting smaller, more portable, and Nintendo ruined them selves or will, anyone agree with the xl??

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Truant19

Ya they ruined them selves....

Its fine, there is a huge portion of there sales that use there DS' exsclusivly at home, and for older people that screen is tiny.
    I think its a great idea for the people its being marketed toward. Its a better idea then the DSi imo, but ill just stick with my lite.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Bones8677

The point of the DSi XL is to milk even more money out of an ever aging hand held.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

It has bigger screens!!! That's all there is to it. 

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Relys

It's not the size of the DS that matters, it's how you use it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

The bigger screens do look sexy, but I'm going to pass on it.  I'm fine with my DSi.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By JonathanMoore

I brought one. Love it, but then again, size really didn't matter to me and I like the idea that I can see the screen better... I dunno. I make dumb decisions, but hey, as long as I'm happy with them.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

I didn't get a DSi, and I would really like to play a few of the downloadables, so I'm perfectly content with waiting and picking up this new handheld.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Yukoei

Its for people who use their DS at home, like me.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Yukoei said:
    " Its for people who use their DS at home, like me. "
    Me too.  I would use my DS at home abut 95% of play time and the XL is perfect for home.  Plus, if I did go out, I normally have a backpack, or at the least, my pants have pockets big enough to fit it into anyway.
    Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Jasonofindy

The DSi XL seems to be aimed at people like me.  I hate handhelds.  I don't play games on the go at all and don't want to.  I dislike playing with tiny controls on a tiny screen.  I much prefer using a regular controller on a TV.   

The problem is that many of the games and game types that I love have been relegated  to handhelds.  In the past there were peripherals such as the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Player for guys like me.  While I would have preferred a larger d-pad and the reintroduction of the removed GBA slot, it looks like the DSi XL is as good as I'm going to get.  However, I'll probably wait until after E3 to purchase the device.  I'm hoping that Nintendo announces a completely new handheld and that XL prices plummet like those of the GBA micro shortly after its release.  

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool
    @Jasonofindy said:
    " The DSi XL seems to be aimed at people like me.  I hate handhelds.  I don't play games on the go at all and don't want to.  I dislike playing with tiny controls on a tiny screen.  I much prefer using a regular controller on a TV.    The problem is that many of the games and game types that I love have been relegated  to handhelds.  In the past there were peripherals such as the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Player for guys like me.  While I would have preferred a larger d-pad and the reintroduction of the removed GBA slot, it looks like the DSi XL is as good as I'm going to get.  However, I'll probably wait until after E3 to purchase the device.  I'm hoping that Nintendo announces a completely new handheld and that XL prices plummet like those of the GBA micro shortly after its release.   "
    Man, I still love and use my Gameboy Player - best peripheral EVER.  Oh, and they did announce a completely new handheld  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.