Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Rockin a DS Phat

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Deathawk

So I've got a secret I own a DS Phat and never upgraded to a Lite. Why would I? Honestly I don't travel with it all that much so form factor really isn't all that important to me, plus I've heard the sound is lower than on a normal DS which to me seems like a bit of a downgrade. Plus it doesn't seem like that smart of an investment: why would I want to pay $150-200 for a console I already ow?.To tell you the truth the DSi is a much more appealing purchase to me than a DS Lite because I could get games through DSi Ware that I couldn't otherwise. But even that has downfalls, it doesn't have a GBA slot plus none of the games on DSI ware really look appealing to me (except for Dragon's Lair, which seems too short to be a true killer app)

Hmm this blog seems a little short, but really all I wanted to do was put out there that I'm rockin a phat and I'm not ashamed of it. Plus this seemed a lot more blog worthy than thread worthy for some reason. Really all I'm doing is waiting for my DS phat to charge up so I can play some more Shiren. It's still not charged yet, but hey I said what I needed to say.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Deathawk

So I've got a secret I own a DS Phat and never upgraded to a Lite. Why would I? Honestly I don't travel with it all that much so form factor really isn't all that important to me, plus I've heard the sound is lower than on a normal DS which to me seems like a bit of a downgrade. Plus it doesn't seem like that smart of an investment: why would I want to pay $150-200 for a console I already ow?.To tell you the truth the DSi is a much more appealing purchase to me than a DS Lite because I could get games through DSi Ware that I couldn't otherwise. But even that has downfalls, it doesn't have a GBA slot plus none of the games on DSI ware really look appealing to me (except for Dragon's Lair, which seems too short to be a true killer app)

Hmm this blog seems a little short, but really all I wanted to do was put out there that I'm rockin a phat and I'm not ashamed of it. Plus this seemed a lot more blog worthy than thread worthy for some reason. Really all I'm doing is waiting for my DS phat to charge up so I can play some more Shiren. It's still not charged yet, but hey I said what I needed to say.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

I know a lot of people that are proud to be fat and just let it all hang out.......wait nevermind.......

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Deathawk: I commend you sir. I am also rocking a "battle damaged" DS fat from launch. One of the hinges is broken, and the outside case is scratched to hell, but it runs DS and GBA games, which is all I really need out of it. Of course if it broke I would get a lite, because it can play GBA games which makes it better than the questionable quality that DSi ware has offered so far.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

I have the fat as well...

Too bad the bottom screen is starting to die on me.

I may need to replace it soon.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

Electric Blue DS Phat here. It's held up longer than my brother's DS Lite.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

DS Phat from the Mario Kart Bundle

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sopranosfan

I have a lite but only because I got it later on.  I guarantee if I would have bought a fat one and it still worked I wouldn't upgrade either.  I don't upgrade much unless the old one breaks or there is a major improvement.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By callumbay

I've had my original DS for almost 5 years now. Got it on release day, and still use it every other day. I've never felt the need to upgrade to a DS Lite or DSi... :)

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By shadows_kill

i have a phat and lite. my friend is still only using a phat but his battery is getting destroyed (only plays for a hour and needs recharged)

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

I have a phat as well, mostly cause I just never got around to upgrading despite being my most played console.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool

I still have both my Phats, but no idea how long  ago I used one, but my partner actually prefers them for playing Animal Crossing and Chibi Robo.  I have say though, they are really fugly.  I love my DSi and look forward to a DSiXL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.