Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Would you believe that the most ambitious goty is on the DS?

• 76 results
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By PercyChuggs

Ok, let's get real here. There is nothing "ambitious" about this game. I think it looks really cool, and will certainly play it, but what is so ambitious about loading your game up with a bunch of stuff? If you want to talk ambition, how about the 256 player MP in MAG? Or the way Naught Dog has basically created a playable action movie in Uncharted 2?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#52  Edited By AgentJ
    @PercyChuggs said:
    " Ok, let's get real here. There is nothing "ambitious" about this game. I think it looks really cool, and will certainly play it, but what is so ambitious about loading your game up with a bunch of stuff? If you want to talk ambition, how about the 256 player MP in MAG? Or the way Naught Dog has basically created a playable action movie in Uncharted 2? "
    It's not just "a bunch of stuff". There are thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of different objects in this game. 
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Marzy

This is looking and sounding fantastic. I love fresh new experiences in videogames and this looks to bring another unique game to the market. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By oldschool
    @PercyChuggs said:
    " Ok, let's get real here. There is nothing "ambitious" about this game. I think it looks really cool, and will certainly play it, but what is so ambitious about loading your game up with a bunch of stuff? If you want to talk ambition, how about the 256 player MP in MAG? Or the way Naught Dog has basically created a playable action movie in Uncharted 2? "
    The difference is that those don't interest me, which is fair enough as it appears this doesn't interest you.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @PercyChuggs said:
    You are a Sony fanboy.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AgentJ
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "
    @PercyChuggs said:
    You are a Sony fanboy. "
    To be fair, both have their very impressive technical merits, but I honestly think that what Scribblenauts is doing is more impressive. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Or the way Naught Dog has basically created a playable action movie in Uncharted 2?

Haha, the amount of times I have heard this line in relation to videogames... ^  ^

If you want to talk ambition, how about the 256 player MP in MAG?

You have got to be kidding me, your tone suggests you think MAG is some amazing breakthrough, lol.  If you want to talk ambition, how about Microsoft's Project Donny Brook, that makes MAG look like weak **** in comparison.  This MAG game could turn out to be utter ****, even with it's online trickery. In fact, like many have said already, it does look dull.

Scribblenauts looks awesome.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @PercyChuggs said:
    Mag is a Generic FPS that you can play with 255 people at the same time. I bet you 10 bucks people get bored within 2 weeks.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By RHCPfan24

The game looks amazing from all the videos I have seen. I am probably going to end up laughing when it gets every word I put in right.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I read about this on Joystiq, this game sounds very original.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AgentJ
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " The game looks amazing from all the videos I have seen. I am probably going to end up laughing when it gets every word I put in right. "
    They need to strike a deal with Stephen Colbert
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @AgentJ: YES. That would be amazing. Or if Colbert just pops up when you type his name in.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PercyChuggs
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @PercyChuggs said:
    The difference is that those don't interest me, which is fair enough as it appears this doesn't interest you.
    "
    Uh, didn't I say that Scribblenauts looks really cool and I will play it?

And I am a Sony fanboy for citing 2 games as being ambitious, which just happen to be PS3 exclusive games? I couldn't think of any other examples right off the top of my head. APB is ambitious, and it's a PC game. Ass. Creed 2 looks pretty ambitious, and it's on everything. Scribblenauts is ambitious to some degree, but not as much as some of the games I have mentioned. Honestly, it's not that hard to say "Dude, what about...a banana? Put that in the game!" and then have an artist draw it up and throw it in the game. Let's wait and see how the game plays when a real player, and not someone from the developement team, is putting it through its paces.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AgentJ
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "
    Uh, didn't I say that Scribblenauts looks really cool and I will play it?And I am a Sony fanboy for citing 2 games as being ambitious, which just happen to be PS3 exclusive games? I couldn't think of any other examples right off the top of my head. APB is ambitious, and it's a PC game. Ass. Creed 2 looks pretty ambitious, and it's on everything. Scribblenauts is ambitious to some degree, but not as much as some of the games I have mentioned. Honestly, it's not that hard to say "Dude, what about...a banana? Put that in the game!" and then have an artist draw it up and throw it in the game. Let's wait and see how the game plays when a real player, and not someone from the developement team, is putting it through its paces. "
    You need to watch the "GOD vs. the Kraken" video. No development team guys there. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By oldschool
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "
    Uh, didn't I say that Scribblenauts looks really cool and I will play it?And I am a Sony fanboy for citing 2 games as being ambitious, which just happen to be PS3 exclusive games? I couldn't think of any other examples right off the top of my head. APB is ambitious, and it's a PC game. Ass. Creed 2 looks pretty ambitious, and it's on everything. Scribblenauts is ambitious to some degree, but not as much as some of the games I have mentioned. Honestly, it's not that hard to say "Dude, what about...a banana? Put that in the game!" and then have an artist draw it up and throw it in the game. Let's wait and see how the game plays when a real player, and not someone from the developement team, is putting it through its paces. "
    One, I didn't recall reading anything you said earlier, so I took that post on face value.

Second, your response was not really commensurate with my reply.  I didn't even know they were Sony games and even forgetting that, how would it be that from one sentence you take out fanboy?  I just pointed what seemed an obvious difference between us on this.

Can we put this down to a simple misunderstanding and be friends  :-)
    deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deadmonkeys

Keyboard Cat sold me on this one.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Gargantuan

It might be ambitious but it doesn't sound like a very fun game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AgentJ
    @Gargantuan said:
    " It might be ambitious but it doesn't sound like a very fun game. "
    If you don't think it'd be fun to solve a puzzle by putting god on a skateboard and giving him a shotgun would be fun, then i fear for your sense of fun
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By penguindust

I heard "lolcats" was missing from the vocabulary.  The reporter seemed to think it was because "LOLcat" is a trademarked phrase.  Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on this game.  It looks and sounds just so cool.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Gargantuan said:
    If you don't think it'd be fun to solve a puzzle by putting god on a skateboard and giving him a shotgun would be fun, then i fear for your sense of fun
    "
    I bet Mohammed isn't in there  :-)  

I am sure the developers don't want a jihad declared on them.

Maybe the Christian lobby will still complain though/
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Gargantuan said:
    "

"
    They should put Muhammed in there. and the flying spagetti monster
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Diamond
    @oldschool said:
    Interesting point, I wonder if the game will let me burn the Koran or Bible.

I'm sitting here trying to think of common objects that could be seen as offensive, or have offensive uses.  Will there be nooses?  Will there be crosses?  What about tear gas?  Alcohol?  Cigarettes?  Cigars? 

None of those things are blatantly offensive, like they said no genitalia and stuff like that, but there's a lot of common everyday objects that are associated with negative things.  We know the game will have firearms...

Anyways, as I stated in another thread I'm most worried puzzles won't be logically solvable, as seen in videos stuff like shiruken not being able to cut rope.  If the items I summon can't be used logically it's going to suck.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Gargantuan said:
    "

"
    They should put Muhammed in there. and the flying spagetti monster
    "
    Who amongst could say that they would be brave enough to put Mohammed in a game?  No-one would publish it anyway.

I like the flying spaghetti monster though.

No Caption Provided
    Are they meatballs or testicles?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AgentJ

omigod, penis on Giantbomb. SOMEONE CALL A MOD!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " omigod, penis on Giantbomb. SOMEONE CALL A MOD! "

Flying Spaghetti Monster is a mod.  His name is MB and he is a god  :-)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    " omigod, penis on Giantbomb. SOMEONE CALL A MOD! "

Flying Spaghetti Monster is a mod.  His name is MB and he is a god  :-) "
    Lol, MB is the flying spagetti Monster. MB! YOU should be in Scribblenauts!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.