Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NIS America, Inc.

Company »

The North American division of Nippon Ichi Software.

Sale on several PSP NIS games

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I know NIS games are super niche, but there's a pretty good sale going on through PSN for several of their better games, including Disgaea 1 & 2, ZHP, and Cladun. If you're interested in some batshit crazy, distinctly Japanese RPG's, I can't recommend them enough. I might be picking up Mana Khemia. Has anyone played it or have any thoughts on it? Thanks.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Yeah! I think these have been going for a few weeks but it is still great for JRPG lovers on the PSP. Disgaea games are running for like $10, right? I want to get Mana Khemia as well, probably will soon.

I bought Dragoneer's Aria for $8 and Phantom Brave The Hermuda Triangle for $10. Which is great because for some reason I have been wanting some PSP games.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

ZHP was one of the best games i have played

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@SuperWristBands: Is Dragoneer's Aria any good? I haven't really heard much about it.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

Mana Khemia on PSP? I don't recommend it, it's a really really really bad port. It likes to lag every few seconds for no apparant reason.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By topsteer

@Shirogane said:

Mana Khemia on PSP? I don't recommend it, it's a really really really bad port. It likes to lag every few seconds for no apparant reason.

I thought it was only the UMD version that had those problems. I seem to remember hearing the digital version being fine.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

@TopSteer said:

@Shirogane said:

I thought it was only the UMD version that had those problems. I seem to remember hearing the digital version being fine.

Oh really? In that case, go for it. It's fairly decent.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

@SuperWristBands: Is Dragoneer's Aria any good? I haven't really heard much about it.

I've played it for about 20 minutes and got into one fight. It has horribly cheesy (like, the good kind) action moments. It is in full 3D (not like other JRPGs on the PSP where text fills up half the screen) and has voice acting (I'm not sure if voice acting on a PSP is note worthy anymore). The battle was of a very vanilla affair, pick an action from a menu and your character does it, turn based style. It's nice to have something super basic every now and then. The voice acting sounds like it would in a JRPG and maybe/also has Nolan North... sure sounded like him.

I'm interested in playing more.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@SuperWristBands: That's a solid enough recommendation for me. Sometimes, a vanilla turn-based RPG is a nice break. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.