Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

No Man Sky - When someone else has "a find" on your planet

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I have to admit I get quite cross when I see some flora or fauna named by someone else on a planet I'm on that I have explored very carefully. I immediately go into the menu to upload my discoveries and re-name everything I can. I want to ensure I get credit for the time I have spent.

I'll admit it is very childish on my part to only care after I see someone else name pop up, but if I'm going to spend some time some pace I want to make my mark on it. Also, in most cases I see that "these other people" have only found one thing. It like they want to ruin someone "find everything on a plant" record. ...That just not Cricket.

Understand, if I end up in a system where it has been renamed and I can see someone else marks all over it I am polite and never upload anything I accidentally discover. I have only come across one system where I could tell that someone had been there before me extensively, and I was very careful to only collect a few minerals and then move on without uploading

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I rename every system I can to "Dumb System", every planet I can to "Dumb Planet", every rock to "Dumb Rock", plant to "Dumb Plant", and so on. Politeness is overrated. Anarchy reigns

But you can totally get credit for documenting every animal on a planet even if some of those things have been found and named by others.

But if you want a planet to be totally yours, there are no shortage of undiscovered systems and planets for you to be the sole owner of.

CarlosNYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're right, that does sound childish

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

You're right, that does sound childish

Thanks I'm always overly proud of being right so often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.