Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Is it worth the buying?

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Bismarck

So the game is  on steam atm with a 75% off, which is 5 euro. So my question is, is it worth  the 5 euro. 7 h till is back to normal price

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By liquidmatt

I was seriously excited for the game before it came out, went and brought it on day of release, played it for a few days and then returned it, it was a real disappointment in comparison to what it was billed as (open-world, incredible graphics it was not.)
    Having said that, recently I've questioned rebuying it for £5, which I may well do if I run out of games to play.
    I'd say if you don't mind a few glitches here and there, and you know what style shooter you're getting yourself into, it's worth the money. Best thing to do is watch gameplay videos and see what you think.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

downloaded the demo -> ran like shit on my PC -> i passed

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

Only buy it if you have 3 friends to do coop.
    The AI is shit, but coop makes it decent fun. I wish I had had people to play coop with. As it is, it remains uncompleted for me.

EDIT: Also don't even try and play competitive multiplayer. The hit detection is non existent (sometimes true in single player either). For a game where you can get one hit killed, and enemies are supposed to go down after a realistic amount of shots (1-2) emptying a whole mag into a dude is not only frustrating as fuck but also super immersion breaking. And will mean you die a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.