Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Osmos

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

An ambient, gravity-based puzzle game featuring dreamlike visuals and a minimalist electronic soundtrack.

Anyone else has this game?

gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gexecuter

So i bought this during the Early holiday steam sale and man this game is good, such a simple concept but with lots of things that really add to the game, things like gravity fields, orbits, special enemies, Etc. I specially like the levels where you are orbiting around this huge object, it's looks incredible. 
    The things i don't like about the game is that most of the time i create a random version of a new level (alt + z) when i feel slightly stuck, it can make you keep creating random levels until you feel everything will go your way tough i guess that adds to the replayability. Finally the Difficulty, it's get's hard, real hard. I just unlocked all the zones and later levels are crazy.
    So anyone else owns this game?

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By harris

I'm in the same boat as you, bought it in the steam sale and I'm really impressed with it. The difficulty does get really hard, but it's in an achievable way. 

I really enjoyed getting the achievement "Black Hole Sun", that was really interesting.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diamond

I got it cheap too.  It is a fun game.  I'm glad there's a few different modes of play, it definitely has some gameplay depth.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've only played the demo but I liked it a lot. I guess that's another game I need to buy...

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goodwood

Hell yes I got this on the steam sale too and have just been playing it in small chunks of time. Its really fun to kill a quick 30 minutes.

gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gexecuter
    @goodwood said:

" Hell yes I got this on the steam sale too and have just been playing it in small chunks of time. Its really fun to kill a quick 30 minutes. "

Yeah i feel that this game is best played in small chunks of time, 30 minutes here and there. Otherwise you could get frustrated with the amount of retries you have to make.  Also the soundtrack is awesome. very relaxing stuff.
    RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By RagingLion

This is a really cool game, I've been playing quite a lot of it and I think I might try to go for an S-Rank since I'm so close anyway.

The later levels seriously do get hard and also take an awful lot of time as well.  I've sunk a lot of time into this.

I really love the way the mechanics provide close relationships between time, mass and velocity and prove it's all relative.  i.e. at the beginning of a level I've often got the time set down to the slowest possible yet as my mass gradually increases everything appears to slow down around me and increasing the time speed back to normal the pace of th game is like it was at the beginning when you had time set to its slowest but were still small.  All the give and take between you can accelerate faster but you have to expend more mass and become smaller is really interesting and Osmos has certainly explored that a lot.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

i was enjoying it and then it got really hard really fast and i havent touched it since. I kind of bought it with the intention of having a game i could chill out with, but i guess it was not to be.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio

Its a lot of fun, and got it for cheap too. 

Also picked up Samorost 2 :D

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Tordah

It's on sale today on Steam for 1,79 € so I picked it up!

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Jellybones

Is it just me or should this game not be associated with Space(location)? It's more akin to cellular organisms...

mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By mubblegum

Got it in the Steam sale too. Very easy to play hours of it. But equally as frustrating!

kn00tcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By kn00tcn
    @Jellybones said:
    " Is it just me or should this game not be associated with Space(location)? It's more akin to cellular organisms... "
    some of the levels have orbits

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.