Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Create a long-winding train of ghosts and eat 'em for large combos in this frantic sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition.

New update incoming, plus Steam release

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cloudymusic

I was pretty surprised to see this pop up on the Gamespot E3 stream, but apparently this game is getting an update in late summer for all platforms (360, PS3, Windows 8) that will improve the leaderboards and add support for DLC skins and music.

The game's also coming to Steam, too, apparently! I'm really happy about that, especially given that we're nearing the end of the current console generation.

Original press release: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/194143/NAMCO_BANDAI_GAMES_EUROPE_ANNOUNCES_PACMAN_MUSEUM_ANDPACMAN_CHAMPIONSHIP_EDITION_DX_.php

PacifistDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PacifistDalek

Maybe I'm insane, but this game coming to Steam is, for me, the most exciting thing to come out of E3.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShaggE

That's great news! I was just playing this again a few days ago, and lamenting the lack of precision in turns. Arrow keys would get rid of that annoyance.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played it yet, always wanted to but never got around to it. Glad to see it come to steam where the deals are and where the smaller games are I like to play.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

To quote Brad Shoemaker, "Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!"

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Skytylz

Game is dope, played a ton on my 360 when it came out.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mak_wikus

Oh, thanks god for Steam release! You got me scared there with that "Windows 8" thing.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cloudymusic

@mak_wikus said:

Oh, thanks god for Steam release! You got me scared there with that "Windows 8" thing.

Yeah, the game is currently only available on PC through the Windows 8 store, but I'd assume that the upcoming Steam release will work on other versions of Windows too.

Also, to quote Brad on Twitter:

E3 BREAKING NEWS: YOU CAN NOW PLAY THE PACMAN CE DX MENU MUSIC WITHIN THE GAME. E3 IS OVER SHUT IT DOWN.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know how long it's been up but you can pre order it on Steam now, September 25th release.
    Love this game, i'll definately play it again, my PC starts faster than my Xbox these days anyway.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

GODDAMMIT! STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME! IT'S GOING TO MAKE ME GO BACK AND START PLAYING IT AGAIN, AND THAT IS A DOWNWARD SPIRAL I CANNOT DEAL WITH AGAIN!

Seriously, though... When that game came out on 360, I slaved and slaved to get #1 on a lot of leaderboards. I seriously love the shit out of this game, but no more. I can't go back. I have too many other games to play and social life to live.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now the question is if I'll buy the game again JUST to avoid the inconvenience of digging my ps3 out whenever I want to play... lol

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Almost forgot about this, all of these posts and listening to the music on youtube got me to preorder.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

Steam version unlocked a day early today and guess who's been a sucker and is working on unlocking all the achievements for a third time!?

:D!

Also, my god, the new Dig Dug skin you can get makes for a profound experience, as does playing the menu music remix in-game. If you still haven't somehow picked up a version of this game, now's definitely the time to do it. And the Steam version runs on all Windows versions from XP onwards, so no need to be tethered to 8! Again, :D!

No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never got into this when my roommate bought it on his ps3, but i'm definitely ready now. looking forward to playing a bit of this when i get home. INTO THE TECHNOWOMB

surprised it's nowhere on the bestseller list but maybe it just needs to be refreshed and i don't understand how those things work at all. :|

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am downloading the game now. I have never played one of th CE games yet. I am looking forward to the experience.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated my PS3 version this morning and had a quick go. Seems neat. Anything that results in more of this game is cool for me.

vrplumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else having issues running Pac Man on Steam? My machine should be plenty powerful enough to handle it, but it runs choppy as hell, its like someone is hitting the pause button intermittantly.

Any advice would be appreciated, what I have played of the game seems cool, but it's hard to get a rhythm down with my performance issues.

RetroHelix85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RetroHelix85

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.