Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Painkiller

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 12, 2004

Painkiller is a fast-paced first-person-shooter that hearkens back to the early years of shooters. Telling a hellish story about a man fighting his way out of Purgatory and foregoing modern conventions of realism, Painkiller brings back the over-the-top twitch gameplay that is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Lets play PAINKILLER!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Yes yes. I know I started Half life 2. However going on a suggest I switched to a game I have never played before! So I picked Painkiller. Sadly the first Part is mostly cutscene. But please enjoy!  
     O and if you have any tips for using Audacity please tell me! 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Yes yes. I know I started Half life 2. However going on a suggest I switched to a game I have never played before! So I picked Painkiller. Sadly the first Part is mostly cutscene. But please enjoy!  
     O and if you have any tips for using Audacity please tell me! 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

My only complaint is how much cutscene there was before you actually got to play.  Painkiller starts pretty slow, on that difficulty you'll probably have to get about half way through the game before it gets difficult really.  But if you pick even one level higher it gets hard pretty quick.  Don't know what to say, but I do want to see more.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Kyreo

I just noticed that this is not Half Life 2 but I've never played this game either... so this will be a journey for the both of us.    

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The cut scene killed how much time I had to play. Sorry about that. Next one I hope will be more fun. 

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Is "Painkiller" just another name for "The Witcher" in different countries? Like "Indigo Prophecy" is "Fahrenheit" in some countries. I remember that opening cut-scene when Yahtzee did his review of "the Witcher." 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Is "Painkiller" just another name for "The Witcher" in different countries? Like "Indigo Prophecy" is "Fahrenheit" in some countries. I remember that opening cut-scene when Yahtzee did his review of "the Witcher."  "
    You could not be more wrong. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Is "Painkiller" just another name for "The Witcher" in different countries? Like "Indigo Prophecy" is "Fahrenheit" in some countries. I remember that opening cut-scene when Yahtzee did his review of "the Witcher."  "
    You could not be more wrong.  "
    I just went back to the escapist and I saw that Yahtzee used the scene from painkiller to make the short at the end of his Wither review. Mah bad dawg.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am glad at least a few people watch my play. I promises the next one will have more fighting. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.