Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Parasite Eve

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 09, 1998

A strange mixing of survival horror and JRPG, Parasite Eve stars Aya Brea in her attempts to stop Mitochondria from destroying mankind.

Tips for playing Parasite Eve for the first time!

Soniking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

My friends have been hounding me to play this game for years and after a bored couple of weeks I polled my friends on what game I should beat out of a screenshot of my Vita games and every one voted Parasite Eve. I'm asking for tips on a first time playthrough, not a walkthrough but maybe some stuff to look out for in the future, or help with the weapons system. I'm starting to grasp how upgrades, tools and mods work but he UI can be confusing at times. Thanks for the help.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Love Parasite Eve! Honestly the main game isn't too difficult to get through. Breaking down guns and building up different ones is something that should get a grip of early. You can get some pretty awesome combinations early on that give you a pretty big advantage.

Minor minor endgame stuff below. It'll make sense after you start modding weapons.

The real stuff happens when you beat the game and get access to the Crysler building, where the real final boss is. You'll need 300 pieces of junk collected from dudes to get the best weapon in the game, the AK47. You can get Junk from a certain range of floors in Crysler, but it's a pain in the ass lugging it around, but totally worth it. It has the best stats and is pretty integral through trucking through the 100+ floors of the Crysler building. Side note, the Deagle is pretty good too.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Not really a game-play tip, but try not to compare it to Resident Evil; you'll enjoy it much more if you take it on it's own merits.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Don't neglect the RPG aspects of the game. I was plowing through it on my first run and things started to get tough. Then my friends took over and did some side stuff to get better equipment. Turns out that it definitely helps towards the end of the game. Specifics on that? It's been a few years so I couldn't tell ya.

Parasite Eve is pretty great, I'm due for a playthrough myself.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I can't really think of anything specific to tell you that the game already doesn't lay out in front of you. Some of its systems can be kind of confusing, but as far as I remember it does a decent job of walking you through things. Just keep getting new weapons and upgrade them all the time. Make sure you scour every last inch of each level. Most chests have really useful items and weapons in them.

Parasite Eve is a hell of a game, though. Enjoy it! Hopefully you'll get around to PE2 eventually, which I personally adore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.