Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Path of Exile

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2013

Path of Exile is a free-to-play PC online action Role-Playing Game set in a dark fantasy world.

So is this decent fun to level in a group with?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I have only played solo so far; I hear it's tougher to get through the early stuff in this game in a group since the mobs get tougher and everything goes slower. Any truth to that? Was thinking of streaming some co-op this weekend maybe!

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played quite a bit a while back, mostly in groups. It can be a bit slower, but it is still good fun and can help when leveling gets a bit grindy since you have people to mess around with. This may have changed in the year or so it has been since I played though

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've only ever played solo and always burned out around the same place. I'd love to watch a group stream!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've generally had the opposite experience: the enemies are scaled up, but, like most games in this genre, the ratio is something like (completely spitballing here) +50% increased enemy health with 2 players, +100% with 3, +150% with 4, etc., i.e. the enemies are harder to solo in a group, but the added player count more than makes up for it (especially in a game like Path of Exile, where party auras are incredibly powerful). I've played on and off since 2011 (nearing 1000 hours) and I can't ever recall a time I felt like playing solo would be more convenient than playing in a group.

(I'd recommend turning on Permanent Allocation for loot drops if you do decide to group up; by default (Short Allocation), higher-tier drops are allocated to a specific player for only five seconds before anybody else in the group can grab them)

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ajamafalous said:

I've generally had the opposite experience: the enemies are scaled up, but, like most games in this genre, the ratio is something like (completely spitballing here) +50% increased enemy health with 2 players, +100% with 3, +150% with 4, etc., i.e. the enemies are harder to solo in a group, but the added player count more than makes up for it (especially in a game like Path of Exile, where party auras are incredibly powerful). I've played on and off since 2011 (nearing 1000 hours) and I can't ever recall a time I felt like playing solo would be more convenient than playing in a group.

(I'd recommend turning on Permanent Allocation for loot drops if you do decide to group up; by default (Short Allocation), higher-tier drops are allocated to a specific player for only five seconds before anybody else in the group can grab them)

Yeah, group play is really fun in PoE I think. Unlike most games, it's still possible to kill things pretty easily if you separate - the scaling isn't terrible.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Competent group will go faster than solo in general; also group gives way better loot than solo unless they balanced the quantity buff at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.