Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Patrick Klepek

Person » credited in 3 games

Senior reporter at Waypoint, former senior reporter at Kotaku and former news editor at Giant Bomb. He began a career in gaming journalism at fourteen, and once served as a news editor for G4TV. He has been credited in the "special thanks" sections of Guitar Hero II and The Silver Lining.

Found Patrick playing the Oculus Rift in Iceland

• 61 results
    Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Darji

@zeforgotten said:

@ahaisthisourchance: T

hat does sound common but I doubt it's like that for everyone in Europe though.

In fact, I know that it's not like that for everyone. I would have to go to a special butcher who actually sold horse meat.

I'm not even sure I know where there is one.

Now I have to find out, thanks :P

In Germany is relative common too. If you really want to eat horse. In fact my Uncle is even breeding (hope that is the right word) Horses and then he makes meat out of it XD

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@gike987 said:
    @darji said:

@gike987 said:
    @lego_my_eggo said:

@darji said:

That one bit about E3 sounded to me that Sony or Microsoft or even both will support Oculus Rift with their consoles. That would be awesome.

I hope they do, because i don't really play PC games so i would like to try it on consoles if i could.

And since Sony has talked a little about how Unity Engine will work with all there platforms, and that engine works with Oculus Rift out of the box, it may not be out of the question that they would help support it. Since it probably wouldn't be that difficult to integrate, because i believe you just need to hook it to the HDMI port, so the only real barrier is that developers would have to code for it.

The Oculus absolute requires 60FPS from what I have heard, if you play games at 30FPS you will most likely get a headache. So if most console games will still run at 30FPS next gen it would require the developers to make a 60FPS mode with worse graphics. So it won't be as simple to support as on PC were Unity will probably do most of the work for you.

Since the max resolution for the Rift is 720P I really see no problem running games in 60 FPS. You even could do a option 1080P and 30 FPS without and 720P and 60 FPS with Oculus Rift.

Most console games are 720p and 30FPS though. Maybe it will change next gen but probably not as devs seem to prefer to add extra graphical effects. Also, 720p is only for this first dev kit they want to use a 1080p screen in consumer versions.

I hope consoles will support it too. But devs will have to do more work to support it, so I don't think support will be as widespread as on PC.

I am not talking about the PS3/360 or wii U. Otherwise new consoles should perfectly be able to support Rift.

I'm not talking about those either. New consoles doesn't necessarily mean that games will run at higher FPS or resolution it's a choice the developers have to make and judging by this generation most of them prefer better graphical effects over image quality and framerate. As no one would ever develop a game for consoles that requires the Rift I presume most of them will continue to target 30FPS (and maybe make the resolution 1080p instead of 720p), because high framerate sadly doesn't advertise as well as pretty graphics. Which would make it harder for those game to implement the Rift as they would have to make another graphic mode that lets you run the game at 60FPS.

I'm sure next generation consoles will be able to support it, you could even make current gen consoles support it. The question is how many developers will support it on consoles.

NoMoreMutants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By NoMoreMutants

@ahaisthisourchance said:

@raven10 It's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. Just remember that animals are not people.

Horsemeat is common here(Europe) too.

What do you mean "common in Europe" ? I live in Europe and while Horsemeat is something you could eat in Denmark if you wanted to it's not exactly what I would call "common" around here compared to like bacon or chicken o.O

Hey I'm Irish, we get so much horse meat over here we don't even realise we're eating it! http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-firm-is-exposed-selling-horse-meat-labelled-as-beef-29089930.html

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zeforgotten said:

@ahaisthisourchance said:

@raven10 It's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. Just remember that animals are not people.

Horsemeat is common here(Europe) too.

What do you mean "common in Europe" ? I live in Europe and while Horsemeat is something you could eat in Denmark if you wanted to it's not exactly what I would call "common" around here compared to like bacon or chicken o.O

Hey I'm Irish, we get so much horse meat over here we don't even realise we're eating it! http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-firm-is-exposed-selling-horse-meat-labelled-as-beef-29089930.html

That I know everything about.

Man, if people found out what was actually in the McDonalds "meat" they're eating their fuzzy little heads would explode.
    Anyways, this topic is not about meat but about Patrick wearing an Oculus Rift in Iceland!

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OfficeGamer

He looks super funny! I ended up watching a bunch of Oculus Rift videos, as always.. that thing looks exciting.

However, the end is nigh:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@zeforgotten: It's super common in France, and I thin Italy too.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By fetchfox

I want one! (Oculus Rift that is). Iceland isn't that far away, but money...

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@zeforgotten: You eat more horsemeat than you think.

I can't wait for Jeff to get his device and they do something dumb with it on the site.

Yes.

I still wonder, besides the silliness, if it is actually comfortable to wear for +1 hour?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@takayamasama said:

I'd love to see a GIF of Patrick moving his head in a circle wearing the Rift over and over and over.

EDIT: Actually, I find this so hilarious that I'm going to have to keep doing it. Check out all of the disorienting action on Tumblr!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#61 chaser324  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.