Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2011

Concept »

The second annual PAX East took place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts on March 11-13, 2011.

Is Giantbomb coming to PAX East?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I know they go to PAX Prime because its close but is there any plan on going to PAX East? 
    PAX East is the only PAX that I'm able to go to right now and would love to be at a live bombcast.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Jeff said on Formspring that he believes they missed the deadline for panel submissions, but some of them might go.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TorMasturba

Very unlikely indeed, GiantBomb once said that they could only realistically afford one or two full team excursions a year, E3 being one of them and PAX West being the other.  
    PAX West always gets more coverage so Giant Bomb can intelligently get their name out to a more effective degree. 
    And E3 is obviously a career and website suicide event to miss if you're a member of video games press. 
    Plus if they went to every version of each event they'd have no time to actually sit down and do some reviewing, which I and many others would probably get pissed at since that's kinda what a video games website is all about. (Excuse the ironic sarcasm, I'm just screwing around.)

EDIT: Bare in mind I'm going on old information. 
    I haven't heard any change in their stance to events for a while and it might have changed since subscriptions went up for Whiskey Media, due to there being more money to go around.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dingofighter
    @TorMasturba said:  . 

"I haven't heard any change in their stance to events for a while and it might have changed since subscriptions went up for Whiskey Media, due to there being more money to go around."

I've heard the subscription money went to Will Smith's 42 million dollar house, I heard it from a guy who knows a guy, so it must be true. 

On topic: Is PAX East a big enough event for them to justify the expenses of travel and everything is the real question here I think.  
    Though I'm not an expert by any means, so I don't really know why I said anything in the first place...
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace

Sure sounded like they're planning on going to PAX East, based on Ryan and Jeff's conversation on their drive home last Thursday. I'll re-listen to confirm if that was indeed the case.

...yep, starting about 9:30 in, the first reference is dropped, and it's confirmed again about 17 minutes in.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    @PsEG said:
    " Sure sounded like they're planning on going to PAX East, based on Ryan and Jeff's conversation on their drive home last Thursday. I'll re-listen to confirm if that was indeed the case.

...yep, starting about 9:30 in, the first reference is dropped, and it's confirmed again about 17 minutes in. "
    Did they say anything about doing a panel? This'll be my first time attending PAX and it would be awesome to see one of their panels.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @natetodamax said:
    " @PsEG said:
    " Sure sounded like they're planning on going to PAX East, based on Ryan and Jeff's conversation on their drive home last Thursday. I'll re-listen to confirm if that was indeed the case.

...yep, starting about 9:30 in, the first reference is dropped, and it's confirmed again about 17 minutes in. "
    Did they say anything about doing a panel? This'll be my first time attending PAX and it would be awesome to see one of their panels. "
    Oh man thats great! I really hope they do have a panel.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By trace
    @natetodamax said:
    " Did they say anything about doing a panel? This'll be my first time attending PAX and it would be awesome to see one of their panels. "
    I didn't hear anything, but looking into threads on the PAX East forums on PA, panelists will apparently be informed whether they were accepted or not "by next week at the very latest" (from a post made on the 10th, for time reference). I don't know how much of a heads-up the panelists get before the public, but I'd imagine we'll know whether they have a panel or not soonish.

Hopefully there's a Giant Bomb panel. I know I'd attend/wait far too long in line for a good seat.
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By matt

Well Jeff tweeted 3 hours ago "PAX East panel: Friday, 9:30PM. Please plan accordingly." Fun times are ahead

virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By virtua_ben

Damn, I wish PAX East was in ATL rather than bean-town.  Oh well I'll try to have to find a way to make it up there just to see these guys.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By matt

It's now officially official:

Giant Bombcast, Live! Feat. Da East Coast Family
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday, 9:30pm - 10:30pm

Yes, those lovable Vitamin-D deficient rascals from the Giant Bombcast are leaving the basement, crossing the country, avoiding specific law enforcement agencies, and making their unified East Coast debut at PAX East 2011! Each and every one of you is invited to touch the magic, feel the passion, explore the mystery, and taste the rainbow as fan favorites Vinny Caravella, Ryan Davis, Jeff Gerstmann, and Brad Shoemaker--plus some very special guests whose identities shall be revealed as soon as we figure out who they'll be, maybe--delight you with a magical evening that promises to be virtually defined by an overall lack of direction. Because that is how we like it. So don't screw this one up, for once! Come see the Giant Bombcast, Live at PAX East 2011! The Eastern Seaboard will never be the same!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.