Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Any motherboard experts have an answer for this?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I was looking at my motherboards site to just to check out new drivers or bios and I saw the following notice about my CPU:

*Note: If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

I have a AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core CPU which is a AM2+ cpu installed on my Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard. Does that notice mean I'm being bottle necked in some way or am I still okay? I also have an EVGA GeForce 8800GT Supercharged 512MB card, and 2 GB or PC-800 low latancy memory.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gunner

Thats common on AM2 motherboards. Unless you are obsessed with performance (im guessing you arnt) you shouldn't have any problems. I wouldnt worry about it.

SimpleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SimpleBear

You essentially lose the power phased feature. The HyperTransport 3.0 isn't too significant on performance hit on your overall system, but I'd imagine it would limit your overclocking potentials.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Alright then, thanks guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.