Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Build Me a Pooter! (Please)

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, I'm gonna admit it. I don't actually know a lot about computers. However, I've been saving for my new rig for a couple years and I just hit the £1100 mark. So, this is just a request. What is the best Gaming PC I can make with that money. The only things it MUST have are; an Intel CPU, a WiFi Card, and Windows (preferably 7). Thanks for the help!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

I know you mean "computer" but this still fits all of your criteria.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intel Core i5 4670K (Haswell, just came out, it's the newest i5 CPU)

GTX 770 (also just came out) or 7970, OR if that puts you over budget you could buy last gen at a reduced price: GTX 670 / 660Ti or 7950

Any decently well-reviewed Z87 ATX motherboard (Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock are good brands)

Any well reviewed inexpensive case (Anandtech does good case reviews, ATX mid tower would be a good size for your first build)

600W or greater 80 Plus Certified modular power supply (Corsair's a solid brand for that)

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM (2x4GB)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD, and maybe an SSD (Samsung 840 or the new SanDisk Extreme II) if you've got the budget for it

That should get you started pretty well. Make up a build at PCPartPicker, post it in here, and we can add/remove stuff to hone the build.

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just threw this together.

CPU: Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (If you're not overclocking, you don't need this)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB (If your playing at resolutions higher than 1080p OR multiple monitors go with a Sapphire Radeon 7970 GHz)

PSU: Corsair CX600M 80 Plus Bronze

Optical Drive: Lite-On DVD/CD Writer

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wi-Fi Adapter

Total: ~ £1100

What do you think? It's fairly comparable to my personal build, which is why I picked some of the particular parts, I think it's pretty damn good. It can play just about every game at max settings at 1080p w/ 60+FPS.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Bahahahaha thread title is hilarious.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just gotta put this hard drive into my girlfriend's pooter.

I mean what?

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackhole: Looks awesome! I'd have thought something with them sorta specs would have set me back another £100..But nope. Thanks man!

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.