Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Building Server/Recording PCs - Needs To Be Around $400 HELP

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Yo PC Users, 

My dad's business needs a few server PCs for recording video, and he's trying to keep the costs as low as possible due to needing to buy a few of them.  He just needs the computer with 4 HDD slots, either two cores or four cores (preferably an Intel), don't need a video card, and just 2 gigs of RAM.   

I just need costs to be $400-ish, so get to it! 

Thanks! 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

Yeah i'd say ask again on Tested.com. I know my stuff when it comes to this kind of thing and the guys there make me look like an idiot. PM Iane if you want a direct answer.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @StaticFalconar: @jadeskye: Oh shit, thanks.  Completely forgot about Tested, damn...I should go there more often.  
    Chriskje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Chriskje

If you're just recording video (and not encoding) just get a Athlon II 4-core and some cheap MB and RAM. 350W PSU or something around there should be enough.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You can totally get away with using an X4 phenom to keep the cost down because this isn't a gaming pc. Ram is cheap these days for dual channel DDR 3 memory, you should probally get 4 gigs just incase. I don't do any video recording myself so I can't speak from experience, however I still think you should get 4 gigs because 2 is slow. It's only like $54 for DDR 3 ram these days dual channel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.