Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Can this laptop run most games?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Hey I'm an upcoming university student and I'm getting a laptop. My budget is $1000 (Canadian) and I want a laptop that can run most games, like Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead 2. I found this Dell laptop for $999 and I was wondering if you guys, the PC experts, thought it was good for the price and can I run modern games on it.
    Dell Studio 15  
    Intel Core i5-450M (2.4-2.66Ghz, 3M/4 threads) 
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
    6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066 MHz 
    500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) 
     ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470, 1GB    

Minos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Minos

Take a peak at newegg, the asus laptops they're cheap and have lots of gaming power, anyway the dell lap is good you can run those games just fine.

its important you check the screen resolution 'cause thats where they save money, try to get a 1600x900 anything lower looks kinda bad

looking for a lap for you i found a monster!!! at newegg ....

heres the link ... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220727

pwnmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By pwnmachine
    @Minos said:
    "

heres the link ... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220727

"
    Definitely a good deal, BTW never buy dell.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Barrock
    @Minos said:
    "

Take a peak at newegg, the asus laptops they're cheap and have lots of gaming power, anyway the dell lap is good you can run those games just fine.

its important you check the screen resolution 'cause thats where they save money, try to get a 1600x900 anything lower looks kinda bad

"
    That's pretty sexy... the only difference between that and a $2,000 custom Alienware is a Blu-Ray player.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590c8ae242be3
    deactivated-590c8ae242be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Barrock said:
    " @Minos said:
    "

"
    That's pretty sexy... the only difference between that and a $2,000 custom Alienware is a Blu-Ray player. "

HAHA, no.  I hope that wasn't a serious comment.  My Alienware blows that laptop away in every single way.  For the price though, that is an awesome laptop for sure.    
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Yeah definitely that is a very good laptop as well as a very good price.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By warxsnake

Never buy a Dell unless its a Monitor!  

Asus make the best everything, and they have the best bang/buck laptops. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.