Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Cheap as chips GTX460, good Witcher 2 upgrade

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    Newegg has the Galaxy GTX460 768MB for $80 after MIR.
    If you open a new account with them and use the code ' NEWCUSTOMER10' it knocks of another $10, making it $80.

The mail in rebate is $50. Got one of these about 2 months ago for my son's PC and it's a nice card for the price to be sure, probably 10-15% faster than a GTX285, depending on the game and PC setup obviously.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

That's a good deal. You can practically sli that for cheap. All you cheap skates out there has no excuses now. You can afford this even if you were on food stamps.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

segsduighsduidopighsdio[ghsohgso[ighsopuhgsuohgsoihgs. $80!?!?!

EDIT: Sigh... it's the us store. I'm sure I would get fucked in the shipping.

EDIT EDIT: GLEEE!!! It's on sale on newegg.ca too!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By CL60

I have a GTX 460 1 GB, but sadly, my CPU is shit, so I can't play Witcher 2.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats
    @crusader8463: I went through an identical process.

...I REALLY wish that I could justify this because that is a substantial improvement over my card.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By crusader8463

I have never bought something with a rebate before, so how does it work? Will they send me a check for the money once I send in all the forms, or is it just a coupon good only if I buy some product of theirs?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @crusader8463 said:
    I have never bought something with a rebate before, so how does it work? Will they send me a check for the money once I send in all the forms, or is it just a coupon good only if I buy some product of theirs?
    They send you a $50 visa gift card, or at least that was the option I took, since it was quicker turnaround.
    Jakobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jakobi

If I get this, will it be a substantial upgrade for my  Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3? I'm still a newbie with computer hardware.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @Jakobi said:
    If I get this, will it be a substantial upgrade for my  Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3? I'm still a newbie with computer hardware.
    I haven't bought ATI/AMD in an age, but I believe the GTX460 series would be substantially faster than the 4850 series from ATI.

According to this comparison, almost double the framerate in some cases.
    Jakobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Jakobi
    @Krakn3Dfx said:
    @Jakobi said:
    I haven't bought ATI/AMD in an age, but I believe the GTX460 series would be substantially faster than the 4850 series from ATI.

According to this comparison, almost double the framerate in some cases.
    Thanks! Mine's on the way. Normally I hate MIR deal, but this one was too good to pass up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.