Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Crysis and Warhead or CaC:RA3

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but on slickdeals.net a link shows that Best Buy has a handful of PC games for 10 bucks after $20 off with a coupon.  Three of those games are Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Red Alert 3.  I've never played any of them, so I wanted to ask what I should get.  I don't plan on buying more than two cuz I don't have that much time, so would I be better off getting the Crysis games (yes, my computer is good enough to run them both) or RA3?  I like FPS games, but mainly ones that involve shooting other dudes or robots (wasn't sure if Crysis had any weird creatures you had to fight or not).  The only FPS that I really liked where you had to shoot monsters or aliens was Halo :p.  I also really liked RA2 and played it a lot, but wasn't a big fan of Generals or Tiberium Wars.  Any thoughts?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would get both Crysis games if your specs are up to it as you say.. There's loads of weird alien s***to shoot at, very cool alien **** from a art perspective.  The second game is better.

I do believe there is GB a video review of Warhead knocking around somewhere.

EDIT:

It looks like it was taken down, but here's the written review.

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Bioderm

Crysis is a very fun game I bought both Crysis and Crysis:warhead. I had ton of fun with both.

I think the only problem with Crysis is the multiplayer it's really fun but there isnt enough servers or player.

I would really like the next battlefield (For pc) to use the crytech engine but I don't think it will happen =(

I don't know much about C&C:Ra3 but im sure its a decent game wich probably offer more multiplayer value than crysis
    Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Crysis is a superb single-player experience when played on delta difficulty. RA3 doesn't look very appealing to me compared to other RTS games, and I haven't played Warhead. I have a friend who loved warhead, but I have heard it is much more linear than the original Crysis. If you haven't played Crysis yet, I would definitely recommend that first and then Warhead after that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Crysis and Warhead are a far better buy than C&C RA3.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Black_Raven

I would go for Crysis Warhead, its a good improvement over the original, it runs really nicely too.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By atejas

Ehh.......Crysis is a good FPS until you get to the spaceship and the aliens.
    I hear Warhead is better overall, but I've never played it.
    RA3 is.......disappointing. Get 2.

Avatar image for theineffablebob
    TheIneffableBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By TheIneffableBob

Get all 3. It's too good of a deal to pass up. You don't have to play all the games immediately--play them when you have the time.

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By thebignasty

I was trying to avoid getting all three, but I really wanna play Crysis and my friends wanna get RA3 for multiplayer, so I may just have to suck it up and buy them all.  I have friends with Crysis, so I guess at least I can avoid buying that and just get Warhead which will save me a little money :D.  Thanks for the help!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Crysis and crysis warhead is a good combo, warhead is more of an action game than the first one though and the graphics for both is good. Crysis looks really good though on vista directX10 on very high settings imo.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By shimbibby

Crysis and Warhead are fantastic FPS's. I found they had really great gameplay, and also have a great open-world feel to them; you get the feeling of going wherever, doing a mission however you want, but you never get the feeling of being lost or not knowing what to do. Unlike farcry2's enormous open world that takes forever to traverse, Crysis's is a blast.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kozzy1234

Get Crysis and Crysis Warhead mate! They are both simply amazing!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.