Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Dual Shock 4 support on the PC is pretty decent now

jaytee00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought I'd tell people cus I only found out by accident (forgot to turn on InputMapper). Dual Shock 4 support on PC is pretty decent now. Every recent game (the last year or so) I've wanted to play with the DS4 has worked wirelessly without using any 3rd party software, including showing the correct button prompts if that game came out on PS4. Even Forza: Apex -- A Microsoft Studios game -- works without having to do any configuration, though it tells you to press "A" instead of "X".

This is on Windows 10, mind; getting it to work at all on Windows 7 was a massive hassle for me and a lot of other people I think, so I wouldn't recommend it on that OS.

I've not kept a list or anything though, anyone found this to not be true?

jaytee00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jaytee00

lol just noticed this topic saying latest update buggered it up for some people http://www.giantbomb.com/pc/3045-94/forums/anybody-else-having-problems-with-ds4-windows-sinc-1802440/#4

Edit: I'm pretty sure that thread is actually about DS4Tool not native support

bendz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. That went from "Yay!" to "Oh." pretty fast.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there regular ol' bluetooth drivers for it now or do I have to plug it in?

Kharnivore2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I right in thinking that the touchpad section of the controller can be used to move the mouse cursor? If so, that sounds like it might be worth picking up.

I already use a 360 pad, a Steam pad and use Antimicro to get the Saturn pad running...but I'd like to see how the PS4 pad holds up.

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rebellion91

I remember the first game I noticed the controller being detected was Rocket League. I haven't played much on Steam since then, but I did fire up NBA 2K17 and it worked natively there as well.

@kharnivore2099 The touchpad can indeed be used to move the mouse cursor, but, trust me, you don't want it.

jaytee00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opusofthemagnum: No specific drivers I think, but it'll work wirelessly with most new games without any 3rd party tools, and wirelessly with anything using InputMapper.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaytee00: Is it the point now where I can plug it in with a usb cable and when I launch a controller enabled Steam game, it will work as if I had just plugged in a 360 controller? I'm fine with all the button prompts being for xbox.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Am I right in thinking that the touchpad section of the controller can be used to move the mouse cursor? If so, that sounds like it might be worth picking up.

I already use a 360 pad, a Steam pad and use Antimicro to get the Saturn pad running...but I'd like to see how the PS4 pad holds up.

When the big Steam DS4 support update comes you will be able to do it plug&play style but for now, you can just boot up InputMapper freshly installed and have that support (no tinkering required).

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@flashflood_29: Sweet! was not aware that was happening. And it looks like that update will also fix one of my other problems with games, the in game button prompts not matching my controller buttons!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flashflood_29: Sweet! was not aware that was happening. And it looks like that update will also fix one of my other problems with games, the in game button prompts not matching my controller buttons!

I'm at a point where I don't even look at the button prompts but this is going to be a welcome update. Too bad it will be only for games that support the steam api for the steam controller. Hopefully in time it'll be a standard for games to give us the option to change the UI according to the controller you use. Kinda like how FF XIV does it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.