Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gamestop's Diablo pricing

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thecleric

So I was happy today to find that I could finally preorder Diablo 3, as I often do with Blizzard games. Paid the deposit, looked at the receipt, the game is listed as 59.99. I was.. dumbstruck to say the least. Now of course, Diablo is owned by Blizzard, who is partners with Activision, but Activision as a partner is like having that big brother who's not your dad, but sure likes to act like it. So, it has me wondering, did Activision have something to do with it? If you recall, Blizzard said the merge would have no effect on them individually. 

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76157  
    There's the store page, now it is interesting to point out 

Official pricing and release dates have not been announced by Blizzard. Price and release date listed are estimates only and subject to change. Worry Free Guarantee - if the price decreases between the time you place your preorder and the release date, you’ll receive the lower of the two." 

So of course, nothing's final and this could be just a misunderstanding, BUT it does make you wonder considering Activision's latest fiasco with the PC crowd and completely leaving them out in the cold and charging 60 dollars for CoD. Now, sadly I'd cave and buy Diablo for 60 because I've been waiting for years, but as worried about by Call of Duty, this could be the start of a very greedy trend.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Codeacious

It could be a guess on GameStop's part. It doesn't seem like Blizzard wants to focus on Diablo right now; Starcraft II isn't even out yet.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

Gamestop pretty much justs posts nonsense until there is more information on a solid release date.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Uh... why the fuck would you pre-order Diablo so early.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thecleric
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Uh... why the fuck would you pre-order Diablo so early. "
    Because i'm getting it regardless, so why not?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.