Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gravity gun in Crysis

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

Xigmatek is one of the most prolific Crysis modders around. His latest work is the Gravity Gun a la Half Life 2, check it out: 

Not sure if he'll actually release the mod anytime soon, here's to hoping. 
    Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Australia

That looks more like the bad-frame-rate-gun, I guess it is cool that it exists but I have no desire to ever use it. 

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JP_Russell

I think "vortex gun" would be more apt for how it works.  I wouldn't really liken it to the HL2 gravity gun, since it's really just a weapon / toy and not useful as a tool.   

I like how it actually affects the explosion particle effects, too, so you see weird, stretched out flames swirling around inside the vortex.  :P 

Anyway, cool little creation.  Not something I'd ever want to download and try out as it seems like he's shown everything there is to see of it, and I've already done my share of dicking around in the Sandbox editor.  Too bad NPC's only take damage from blows with physical objects in the game world and can't take damage from falling or ramming into cliffsides ever since one of the patches Crytek put out for Crysis (and of course, this has been the case for Warhead since release).  Would be fun to see him get soldiers into a vortex and toss them up into the air to fall to their deaths horribly (all those ones you see being tossed hundreds of feet away that are still alive will actually take no damage from their fall).

Kalbrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kalbrik

Looks pretty neat, but it kinda breaks the balance of the gameplay what with the unlimited ammo and super-powerful gravity abilities of the gun.  

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JP_Russell
    @Kalbrik said:
    "Looks pretty neat, but it kinda breaks the balance of the gameplay what with the unlimited ammo and super-powerful gravity abilities of the gun.   "

I think that's kind of the point.  It's a toy for dicking around with, not a serious weapon addition to the game.
    sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sawfish22
    @Kalbrik said:
    "Looks pretty neat, but it kinda breaks the balance of the gameplay what with the unlimited ammo and super-powerful gravity abilities of the gun.   "

It is a sandbox editor.  It was made to say, "Look at what I can do.  Why am I doing it?  Simply because I can."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.