Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

How do i check my driver version?

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heltom92

I am using an ATi Radeon graphics card and I currently downloaded the 11.4 driver update as I heard it is good for Witcher 2. How can I check to see if it installed properly and that i am using this version. I apologise if this is a stupid question or if I am missing out some key info, but i don't know much about this stuff.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

What OS do you use?

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Codeacious

It depends on your OS, but seeing as you're wanting to play The Witcher 2, I'm assuming Windows.
    To check, open the Catalyst Control Center, make sure it's on advanced view, then go to Information and then Software. The driver version will be listed there (under "Catalyst Version").

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fallen189

Open your run box, and type in "dxdiag", and navigate to the "Display" tab. Check the date, and if it's...recent, that's the one.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FritzDude

Right click on the dashboard, and all the way up you will see the C-control center button. Left click on it and go all the way down to information. Then choose software information.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Wow, what a great question. I have always used the Catalyst Control Centre method, now I have other ways of finding out too, that's pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.