Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

In need of upgrades, halp!

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elbow
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I'd say go with a Duo processor you want, and stick with a DDR2 mobo.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By darkgoth678

ok I think u should go for something like an E8400 and since it has a better FSB than the E6600, u should get a little bost in performance. 

As far as a motherboard, Since u had an SLi Motherboard I think u were probably thinking of SLi-ing with another 8800 in the future when u bought the board, in that case, I saw an EVGA 750i Motherboard for $130 at Newegg that is SLi supported, which will run your total (w/ the E8400) to around $293, which might be a little overboard.

Now if you are not planning to SLi, then I think you might be fine with something like a GA-EP45-UD3L, its a Gigabyte board thats why i'd recomemend it to you sine i have a Gigabyte board myself and they are very reliable. Now this board is $100 on Newegg which racks up your total to around $264, thats a little closer to home as far as your price range.

So its up to you if you want to keep SLi, it might come out a little more expensive but if you dont really care about it then the second option I gave you should fit you well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.