Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is this a good PC to upgrade?

ryukaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ryukaton

So I am buying this inspiron from bestbuy and I was wondering if its a good pc for me to upgrade.All I really want in is a 5570 graphics card (and I have to get a power supply).Here it is  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+4GB+Memory+/+500GB+Hard+Drive/9846086.p?id=1218183110027&skuId=9846086 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You probally mean you want to get a HD5770 and no, that pc is sort of underpowered cpu and gpu wise. The only thing that it has going for it is 4 gigs of ram.

ryukaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryukaton

I dont want a monster pc all I want is something I can play  games like dragon age,mass effect and stuff like that.I dont need graphics tbh. 

And if even that doesnt work can someone please link me a PC which all I need is to change a couple of stuff?

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ryukaton: Maybe something closer to this.
    DarkWaterSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By DarkWaterSong

All the links on this thread are broken, but Dell's are normally a real pain in the ass to upgrade.  The low end motels just don't have the spair power, case room or cooling to upgrade.  The high end models need specal parts that you can only get from Dell for lots of cash.

If you are ready for it, I would look at some of the bare bones cases at newegg,com and think about building a PC from scratch.  The bid things is to make sure you get a motherboard that will allow any future upgrades, and make sure you get a relable power supply!!!  Going cheap on the power supply was the worst mistake I ever made, as it fried my whole system!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

yeah if you spent the time building your own, you could build a more powerful PC that is cheaper than retail made computers.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jadeskye
    @DarkWaterSong: The reason the links are broken is because you just revived a 6 month old topic. Good job!
    DarkWaterSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By DarkWaterSong
    @jadeskye:   For some reason this showed as a new topic on the front page for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.