Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Looking for a Windows 8 Ultrabook/Tablet, need some help

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

With both the PS4 and X1 not being guaranteed a release in Singapore this year, I've decided to time my switch back from mac to Windows to align itself with the start of this next generation of games. Already gonna be building a PC with the aid of one of my friends but I'm also looking into buying an ultrabook/tablet/convertible to use as my on-the-go PC.

Requirements:

Light-ish/small (11-13 inches will be nice)

Touch screen (Because Windows 8 and I don't know, I like interacting with stuff via Touch)

Some light gaming (Mostly indie games probably)

Price range: Less than $1100

Any suggestions for what to ultrabook/tablet to buy that would fullfil my requirements? The Surface Pro or Lenovo Yoga have been very intriguing but I'm not exactly sure of whether they will fullfil my want for light gaming.

Thanks

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

A girl at my college uses a asus zenbook with a touch screen. That thing looks pretty slick.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Make sure you don't end up with the NT version of Windows 8. I believe this restricts you to apps from the Windows Store only and anything else won't run, even in 'desktop' mode.

**I read this a long while ago and it may not be true any more. I have Win8 Pro on my desktop and it runs fine.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By zidd

@zereta: The surface pro seems to do pretty well for the size that it is. There are lots of youtube videos of people playing pretty much everything including skyrim, portal 2 and league of legends on it. Its also got an active digitizer if you want to draw or take notes with onenote.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.