Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Need some suggestions for upgrades

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Currently have

1. Amd Phenom II 1035t (cpu)
    2. Nvidia 460 femi (gpu)
    3. 2A92 Foxconn(mobo)

which has been a fantastic setup for gaming for a long while but I'll be looking to upgrade very soon with Arma 3 coming to alpha soon, so any ideas what I can do to get the best bang out of my dollar? (ball park 200-400 dollars)

Thanks guys.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Currently have

1. Amd Phenom II 1035t (cpu)
    2. Nvidia 460 femi (gpu)
    3. 2A92 Foxconn(mobo)

which has been a fantastic setup for gaming for a long while but I'll be looking to upgrade very soon with Arma 3 coming to alpha soon, so any ideas what I can do to get the best bang out of my dollar? (ball park 200-400 dollars)

Thanks guys.

ARMA is a special kind of game. It requires a lot of CPU power and RAM. So anything you can do to up those would probably help. How much memory do you have?

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikeJFlick

@jams: Yeah I know Arma, Been playing it since OFP, and I tend to take it to the max when I start making missions with hundreds of units, thats a rig killer.

It's currently got 4 slots and I currently got 8 gigs of DDR3(forgot the brand but I believe it's dual channeled 600+mhz) .(Ram has never been an issue anything more than 8 gigs of ram tends to be over kill)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.