Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Gaming Headsets Compatible With The PS3?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I asked this question in the PS3 forums, didn't get that many responses, but they were appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good quality PC Gaming Headsets that are compatible with the PS3 through USB.

I was looking at a few SteelSeries products, they look pretty nice but I'm unsure if they would be compatible.

I just started getting into PC Gaming so i was thinking of picking up a good headset, and I'd like to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and be able to use the headset for both my PC and PS3.

I know some headsets come with a USB sound card I'm not sure if I were to plug that into the ps3 USB port would it work?

But I guess that's a difficult answer since I'm pretty sure there are headsets that are compatible and some that aren't.

But if anyone knows if there are PC Gaming Headsets that are compatible for sure I would greatly appreciate your help.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By StressedOutCat

I wouldn't recommend any usb ones for the ps3.
    simply because when you use it.. you can only hear the voice-chat sounds on your usb headphones... you do not hear the ingame sound on your headphones.
    at least this has been my experience..
    you can set the voice chat sound to be outputted on the regular speakers .. but there is no option to output the game sound out the usb speakers/headphones

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StressedOutCat

what I would suggest you could do is .. use the rca ( red and white connectors on the cable ) connectors on the ps3 and concert them to a mini-jack female... then in the xmb you go to
    settings > sound settings > audio output settings
    and select the audio input connector .. then the sound will be outputted to the regular headphones..
    and for a microphone i suggest you just get those new sony official bluetooth headsets ( when they are out ) and clip that to your shirt..

bit of a stretch.. but its kinda the same setup I use... and works great.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StressedOutCat said:
    "what I would suggest you could do is .. use the rca ( red and white connectors on the cable ) connectors on the ps3 and concert them to a mini-jack female... then in the xmb you go to
    settings > sound settings > audio output settings
    and select the audio input connector .. then the sound will be outputted to the regular headphones..
    and for a microphone i suggest you just get those new sony official bluetooth headsets ( when they are out ) and clip that to your shirt..

bit of a stretch.. but its kinda the same setup I use... and works great."
    Cool thanks for the advice, after doing some more research I found the Tritton AX Pro and it will support 5.1 surround sound for the ps3 and PSN chat, through USB and then the in game sound through the optical port in the back I think, so when that comes out I'll probably pick that up.

I would just go for the BlueTooth Headset, but they just tend to bother my ears and I tend to play shorter sessions b/c of that, and since I'm gradually getting more into PC gaming, I can use that AX Pro for PC when I build my own rig.

Thanks for you help dude *heres a single highfive with binoculars and 3 hands* /\_/\
    StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StressedOutCat

well glad you found a solution..
    let me know how the mic works on the tritton ax pro works.
    I was thinking of getting it .. but I wanted to use 1 pair of headphones for my pc and ps3... and I have had bad experience on the ps3 with usb mics.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

isn't it bluetooth ones that work with the ps3? 0_o

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StressedOutCat

yes but so does usb... they both have their advantages bluetooth is wireless
    usb one doesn't need charging and is always on... you don't have to go in the xmb to enable it .. or check why it isn't working.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Get the new official PS3 headset that comes with SOCOM. The SOCOM/headset bundle is only $60 and will be available mid-October.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StressedOutCat

I know .. I preorderd mine.. but think we should stop here cause this is the pc section this topic kinda derailing to ps3 area of things now  = )

PartWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PartWerewolf

I'm actually looking for a decent headset for my PC. Any suggestions?

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StressedOutCat

depends on what kind..
    usb or jack ?
    stereo or 5.1 / 7.1

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By calf_exercises

Yeah, my friend uses just a basic usb headset on his ps3 and it works just fine for him.

go ahead and get one. 
    Ozium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ozium
    StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StressedOutCat

Your better off getting this instead:  Astro Gaming A40 MixAmp
    Its Dolby Digital Decoder as well and enables you to connect your PC and Ps3/360 at once to the same headphones.
    Both sound sources are outputted at the same time ( ie; this enables you to listen to your own mp3 songs on the PC while playing PS3 games )
    With some clever cable splitter and USB to jack connector, you can even use the same microphone on both systems.

They even sell it with their own high quality Headphones ( if you don't like the ones you have already )
    A40 Audio System
    MLG A40 Ststem

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.