Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Problems with video playback?

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shaanyboi

Hey duders,

I've been having issues with video playback on my PC. Using Chrome, sometimes videos online will play just audio but no video. It's weirdly inconsistent. Happened a couple times with Youtube, videos on Facebook, Vine, Vimeo, etc. Having the same issues on Firefox too. Thank goodness Giantbomb works, amiright?

The problem isn't limited to just web streaming. Windows Media Player isn't working for me anymore either. Doing the same thing - just a black screen while I can hear the audio playing.

Any solutions from you guys/gals?

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GiantBomber

@shaanyboi: Are you using an AMD card? If so, go into your AMD Catalyst settings, somewhere there are power options, set it to high performance, restart and give it a try.

Depending on which browser you use you might have to select that browser and set it to high performance...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.