Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Questions about gaming on a Windows 8 tablet

Craig_Duda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Craig_Duda

Hey everyone. Long-time reader of Giant Bomb, first-time poster.

First off, I am not a "PC gamer" so please excuse my ignorance on things related to PC gaming.

I just ordered a Samsung Windows 8 tablet (ATIV Smart PC 500T), which should arrive in a few days. I'm wondering if I'll be able to play any games on it. I realize I'm not going to be able to play any high-end games. No WoW, no CoD, no Diablo III, etc. I'm OK with that.

But will I be able to play older/simpler games? Maybe some old turn-based strategy games, RPGs, or adventure games? Or am I going to find that no games will run well (other than games designed for tablets) because it's a tablet and doesn't have the right video card and such?

gaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gaurus

I think you can run old games like:

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Torchlight 1

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Farcry 1

and other games but no new games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.