Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Recommended Mods for NWN2?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By armaan8014

I originally posted this in the NWN2 forums, but since that forum is probably dead and no one replied, I'm posting it here.

I'm about to start playing this game, and since I have heard many things about it's flaws, I'm looking for mods that may have made this game more playable by now. 

I'm mostly looking for mods that improve graphics, as well as other gameplay fixes. Any recommendations? (couldn't find it on google)  
    Thanks

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By armaan8014

bumpz!

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ATrevelan

There's a texture update that makes things moderately sharper. Nothing terribly mind-blowing, but then again the game doesn't exactly perform well even on the best systems. 

I'd recommend AI mods, but the best ones were incorporated into the game when Storm of Zehir was released. Check out moddb.com for a bevy of mods, or nwnvault if that doesn't work out. I frankly found the game extremely enjoyable without any modding whatsoever.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By armaan8014
    @ATrevelan: Thanks. I'll try and get back to you. But I heard there were some bugs that had made the game unplayable?
    Look at this thread
    ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ATrevelan
    @armaan8014: That thread's made by someone who was disappointed by the copious amount of bugs at the time of release. Since then there's been 2 expansions and a bajillion updates--the one last August being the final update Obsidian plans do to. There are still bugs, sure. You get used to the wonky camera, and all that, but the game is 100% playable.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By armaan8014
    @ATrevelan: Alright thanks! I'll be playing it tomorrow.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By unclejohnny79

it worked pretty good for me outta the box

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.