Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

RPG Madness

libertyordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By libertyordeath

I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins steadily over the past week or so, and it is quite good. My expectations were rather low going in, due to not having read anything about the game for an entire year, and thus far it is one of the better games I've ever played. The storyline is undeniably epic, the characters likeable and dynamic and combat a mixture of MMO's and hack and slash RPG's.

It is a definite must have for all RPG lovers, and hell, even if you don't play many RPG's I think you'd like this game. It does have its flaws however, notably, the randomness of combat encounter difficulties. You can be progressing quite nicely thorough the game destroying all foes standing in your way and then come upon a random group of wolves or bandits who vastly outnumber you and prove difficult to defeat.

I do not fault the game for this however, it's more like a problem with my focus or complacency upon entering the battle, meaning I become to comfortable and forget I actually have to micromanage my characters if I plan on surviving more than a few moments.

Continuing with the RPG theme, I reinstalled The Witcher today and hope to start playing sometime tomorrow after Thanksgiving dinner, if I manage to stay awake that is. Every time I have started the Witcher I enjoyed it, but never finished the game due to school or other notable distractions. I intend to finish it this time as my Christmas vacation starts the 10th of December and I will have plenty of time to play games until school starts back the 4th of January.

That's the plan at least, I doubt it will go as well as I imagine.

libertyordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By libertyordeath

I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins steadily over the past week or so, and it is quite good. My expectations were rather low going in, due to not having read anything about the game for an entire year, and thus far it is one of the better games I've ever played. The storyline is undeniably epic, the characters likeable and dynamic and combat a mixture of MMO's and hack and slash RPG's.

It is a definite must have for all RPG lovers, and hell, even if you don't play many RPG's I think you'd like this game. It does have its flaws however, notably, the randomness of combat encounter difficulties. You can be progressing quite nicely thorough the game destroying all foes standing in your way and then come upon a random group of wolves or bandits who vastly outnumber you and prove difficult to defeat.

I do not fault the game for this however, it's more like a problem with my focus or complacency upon entering the battle, meaning I become to comfortable and forget I actually have to micromanage my characters if I plan on surviving more than a few moments.

Continuing with the RPG theme, I reinstalled The Witcher today and hope to start playing sometime tomorrow after Thanksgiving dinner, if I manage to stay awake that is. Every time I have started the Witcher I enjoyed it, but never finished the game due to school or other notable distractions. I intend to finish it this time as my Christmas vacation starts the 10th of December and I will have plenty of time to play games until school starts back the 4th of January.

That's the plan at least, I doubt it will go as well as I imagine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.