Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

screen cutting off out of nowhere

El_Mahico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By El_Mahico

So I've been gaming with my computer hooked up to my hdtv for awhile now and its been fine (gtx 460se windows 7 AMD Phenom 910e) at 1920x1080p. However, last night i think i pressed something on accident that made everything almost zoom in just a little bit to where everything is sort of cut off around the edges. About a half of my taskbar at the bottom of the screen is cutoff. I've looked online and found something called underscan/overscan but that didn't seem to do it and I've fiddled with all the settings in the nvidia control panel that I could think of. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. It's pretty annoying.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Get a hold of your TV remote and make sure the picture type isn't set to Zoom1 or some bullshit. Hopefully it's a simple fix like that.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FritzDude

On most HDTV's you can press a button on your remote called screen, or p.size, or similar that will change the over and underscanning. I had the same issue and it's just poorly auto optimization and scanning with Nvidia's control panel since I had no issues with this on AMD's catalyst control center on the same TV. Just make sure your HDTV is manually set to a static screen size and not dynamic.

Alternatively you can manually change the resolution to fit the screen in the Nvidia panel.

El_Mahico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By El_Mahico

Damn thanks alot guys. It was that button "p. size" on my remote that I guess I had accidently pressed. Didn't even know that existed. Thanks for the quick responses that seemed to do the trick

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.