Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The Joys and Sorrows of PC gaming

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Nate

A few months ago I first upgraded my PC for gaming. This is the first time I've had a gaming PC in over 12 years. Now I have to admit, I enjoyed the simplicity of my Xbox 360 and PS2, but it's nice to  be able to mess around with components, customizing things and all that. I feel like I'm learning a lot, and loving it. At the same time, however, I've had a lot of headaches. My PC won't start up all the time, and I'm finally going to send my power supply back this weekend to have it replaced.  Also, now my monitor has been freaking out and not getting a signal. It's my computer or video card or something - I think it might be the drivers. Overall, though, it's good to be back in the world of the PC.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Nate

A few months ago I first upgraded my PC for gaming. This is the first time I've had a gaming PC in over 12 years. Now I have to admit, I enjoyed the simplicity of my Xbox 360 and PS2, but it's nice to  be able to mess around with components, customizing things and all that. I feel like I'm learning a lot, and loving it. At the same time, however, I've had a lot of headaches. My PC won't start up all the time, and I'm finally going to send my power supply back this weekend to have it replaced.  Also, now my monitor has been freaking out and not getting a signal. It's my computer or video card or something - I think it might be the drivers. Overall, though, it's good to be back in the world of the PC.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It sounds like the power watt supply isn't giving you enough juice. Also if your not getting a signal, it's obviously from the videocard. Still you should get a picture from using the gpu's dvi slot or whatever your using.  

Maybe giving us more info to work with will help, like what videocard, what psu, cpu, ect.

AlexMarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexMarra

Now you can play Age of Empires III!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

'Upgraded your PC for gaming' - elaborate please.  You upgraded a non-gaming PC?  Or built it from scratch?

I agree with Hitman, your PSU not being powerful enough is the most likely candidate.  As in, you need to get a better one, not just replace it like for like.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rockanomics
    @AlexMarra: Man I forgot about that game, I should check it out again. I remember kinda liking the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.