Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What is the length of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

I didn't do too well with getting an answer I was looking for in the General Discussions boards, so I will try here in PC land, where so far, all of my questions have been answered with much generosity, kindness and maturity....LOL hopefully I'm not disappointed this time! 

So the title asks the general question (no pun intended) but in a QUANTITATIVE form (hours), how long is the Secret Armory of General Knoxx?  I just downloaded this the other day on Steam and will be starting it very soon. 

Thanks for all your answers in advance!

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rmills87

OK, I guess I'm getting no help in this section either.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike
    @rmillz87 said:

" I didn't do too well with getting an answer I was looking for in the General Discussions boards, so I will try here in PC land, where so far, all of my questions have been answered with much generosity, kindness and maturity....LOL hopefully I'm not disappointed this time!  So the title asks the general question (no pun intended) but in a QUANTITATIVE form (hours), how long is the Secret Armory of General Knoxx?  I just downloaded this the other day on Steam and will be starting it very soon.  Thanks for all your answers in advance! "

I couldn't tell you how long it is, but I will warn you that it will kick your ass. It is the most difficult content in all of Borderlands by far.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @rmillz87 said:

" I didn't do too well with getting an answer I was looking for in the General Discussions boards, so I will try here in PC land, where so far, all of my questions have been answered with much generosity, kindness and maturity....LOL hopefully I'm not disappointed this time!  So the title asks the general question (no pun intended) but in a QUANTITATIVE form (hours), how long is the Secret Armory of General Knoxx?  I just downloaded this the other day on Steam and will be starting it very soon.  Thanks for all your answers in advance! "

According to this GameFaqs user post (don't judge; I found it helpful regardless of what website it was posted on): "size wise it's double zombie island, theyres meant to be 44 new missions and 11 new levels and a sickening new boss thatll give full teams of level 61s a hard time so it should give you some good playtime, even if your just the sort wholl play through the story once and then shelve it again then its probably still worth it, im gonna get it once i get some points, i couldnt justify paying for mad moxxi and not getting this for the same price to myself"

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/987728-borderlands-the-secret-armory-of-general-knoxx/53637520?page=1

Considering picking it up this week since it'll be discounted to $5 on the Xbox Live Marketplace. (along with the other two DLC addons, by the way!)

Anyway! Hopefully I helped and have fun.
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmills87
    @RoyCampbell: Dude that's great thanks so much for the reply!  I definitely passed over that, didn't notice it at all.  As far as Mad Moxxi goes, it's horrible, DO NOT get it.  Anyway, thanks again!
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @rmillz87:  Your avatar is so ridiculously funny.

Anyway, no problem. But is Mad Moxxi $5 horrible? I did already get Zombie Ned, though. And I absolutely loved it; the atmosphere and enemies, especially the pumpkin heads. Good stuff.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supermarius
    @rmillz87 said:
    " @RoyCampbell: Dude that's great thanks so much for the reply!  I definitely passed over that, didn't notice it at all.  As far as Mad Moxxi goes, it's horrible, DO NOT get it.  Anyway, thanks again! "
    I played Secret Armory on playthrough 2 with my soldier solo the whole time and it probably took me 15 hours or so. Keep in mind that its not really meant to be soloed but it is doable. The addon is excellent. Right up there with the best singleplayer DLC I have ever bought, like Broken Steel for Fallout 3 and Big Surf Island for Burnout paradise.

Oh, and you will be glad you have the moxxie dlc when you play general Knoxx cause you get so many good new guns that the bank really comes in handy.
    rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

OK then maybe I am wrong about Mad Moxxi...I went on the assumption after reading countless reviews on it that it really was not worth it, even $5.  I believe there is no leveling in the game?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rmills87
    @RoyCampbell: LOL you like that avatar?  Thanks I do believe this is friggin hilarious!
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FunExplosions
    @rmillz87: The longest piece of DLC I've ever played. It's great. You will not be let down.
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

For $10, 11 extra levels, new guns, the ability to do Crawmerax runs, and awesome new vehicles = The best Borderlands experience I had. Took me at least five or six days of 3-4 hour sessions, but that was soloing as a Siren, so calculate from there. 

In fact, talking about this makes me want to play some Borderlands...goddamn it. 

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rmills87

Wow this is sounding awesome - thanks all!

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @SirOptimusPrime said:
    " For $10, 11 extra levels, new guns, the ability to do Crawmerax runs, and awesome new vehicles = The best Borderlands experience I had. Took me at least five or six days of 3-4 hour sessions, but that was soloing as a Siren, so calculate from there.  In fact, talking about this makes me want to play some Borderlands...goddamn it.  "
    Definitely a great value. I feel that "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" is downloadable content done right. Very, very right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.