Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What's wrong with my laptop?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei
    Okay, so I was on my laptop today running a few windows and my laptop froze up then I restarted my computer and it passes the windows XP starting screen then it goes blank. The mouse is there and moveable but nothing else is there. What's up?
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VisariLoyalist

well, first off, did you pirate this disk. How old is the computer and how long has it been since you've reinstalled the operating system?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Yukoei
    I'm not sure, when I purchased the laptop about 2 and a half years ago I got it from a local IT store they didn't give me a window XP disc they just installed it and for this reason we have never reinstalled windows.
      @VisariLoyalist
    said:
    " well, first off, did you pirate this disk. How old is the computer and how long has it been since you've reinstalled the operating system? "
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Yukoei: Well you should go back to that IT store and ask for your copy of windows or go buy windows and reinstall it. It sounds like a software problem, unless you recently dropped it.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Reinstall XP.  Choose the repair install option.  That way it installs the OS but doesn't blow away your profile & all of your programs. Or if you have a backup on an external hard drive, it's time to use it.  I like Acronis True Image for my back ups.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McPaper

Find out your windows serial key. Get a method of installing windows.

Get a friend to download you a bootable linux disk and use that to back up your data externally.

Format the laptop, reinstall windows and then you restore all your files.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.