Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Which SSD?

Tupapison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tupapison

Hello,

Im building a gaming PC and I still need to choose a good SSD, I'm deciding between these 4:

-SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB(540 Read/460 Write) - €94.90

-Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB(520 Read/320 Write) - €105.90

-Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB(525 Read/320 Write) - Desktop Retail - €131.90

-Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB(500 Read/340 Write) - Retail Notebook(Can I still use it on a Desktop?) - €124.90

-OCZ Vertex 4 128GB(560 Read/430 Write)- €129.99

-Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB(555 Read/510 Write) - €131.90

My build is:

i5 2500k

Asus P8Z77-M

8GB 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM

GTX 560 Ti

630W PSU

If i just go by the numbers, the Kingston is clearly the best, but i want to make sure before making a purchase.

Thanks for your help!

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I have that exact Kingston in my rig now and it works just fine and dandy .

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TyCobb

I would never buy a Kingston SSD. We bought some for work on different occasions and each on of them died within a week of installing. Needless to say we stopped purchasing SSDs for awhile. They may work now, but it put a sour taste in my mouth so I just stay away. Same with Maxtor hard drives. Never had a hard drive die on me except for ones made by Maxtor.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jams

I got the Sandisk 120 because it was a little less than a dollar a gig. So far it's worked, but I've only had it for like a month or two.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By stonyman65

I've had great luck with the Corsair ForceGT and Crucial M4 series. Also the Intel 310 and 510 series. These seem to be the most reliable of the bunch.

The OCZ stuff is SUPER fast, but I've heard mixed results as to reliability - either you get a good one, or you get one that crashes all the time. I'm not sure if they've fixed this problem yet.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Skytylz

Are SSDs a lot more expensive in outside the US? You can get 256gb drives on sale for roughly those prices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.