Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 28, 2013

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a sequel to the original Persona 4 Arena. It has new characters, new stages and several new gameplay related changes such as new moves.

Persona 4 Arena sequel announced

• 180 results
    Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Niceanims

I don't even own this game and I'm excited. It's been on my list for a while now, though. Now it's top priority.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By bigjeffrey

I AM HYPE

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By TAFAE

@zeik said:

So who wants to take bets on whether this one will get a simultaneous release? My hunch is no.

The first version was more or less simultaneous. I think Atlus is aware of the interest in Persona outside of Japan. If you were talking about Europe though... sorry, duder.

@xnaphryz said:

2 more slots it looks like at least. Hoping they go back to P1 and P2, Nanjo and Maya.

This is unlikely, since I think those two games are outside of the Persona 3 and 4 canon. Persona 2 characters are referenced in the lore for the online game that the P3 MC plays. Persona 4 Arena spoilers: though with the ending, who knows anymore. If those are spots, it's more likely that those spots are for Ken and Koromaru, or maybe even some characters we've never seen before.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#54  Edited By metalsnakezero

What in the world is Yukari wearing?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#56  Edited By Hailinel

Yukari became a sentai heroine?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zeik

@tafae said:

@zeik said:

So who wants to take bets on whether this one will get a simultaneous release? My hunch is no.

The first version was more or less simultaneous. I think Atlus is aware of the interest in Persona outside of Japan. If you were talking about Europe though... sorry, duder.

@xnaphryz said:

2 more slots it looks like at least. Hoping they go back to P1 and P2, Nanjo and Maya.

This is unlikely, since I think those two games are outside of the Persona 3 and 4 canon. Persona 2 characters are referenced in the lore for the online game that the P3 MC plays. Persona 4 Arena spoilers: though with the ending, who knows anymore. If those are spots, it's more likely that those spots are for Ken and Koromaru, or maybe even some characters we've never seen before.

I know the original game was a simultaneous release, I was more referring to the whole region lock fiasco, of which the simultaneous release was a major factor. I have the feeling Atlus USA will want to avoid any chance of a repeat of that, as it was basically free bad PR for something they had no part in. Although with Index probably on the way out perhaps that's no longer a concern. It's pretty clear now exactly why they resorted to such measures in the first place.

Also P1 and P2 are 100% canon, confirmed by the developers. The Innocent Sin Online that was in P3 is actually non-canon. It was added to the NA release just as a little reference. In Japan it was just SMT Online.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@tafae said:

@zeik said:

@xnaphryz said:

I know the original game was a simultaneous release, I was more referring to the whole region lock fiasco, of which the simultaneous release was a major factor. I have the feeling Atlus USA will want to avoid any chance of a repeat of that, as it was basically free bad PR for something they had no part in. Although with Index probably on the way out perhaps that's no longer a concern. It's pretty clear now exactly why they resorted to such measures in the first place.

Also P1 and P2 are 100% canon, confirmed by the developers. The Innocent Sin Online that was in P3 is actually non-canon. It was added to the NA release just as a little reference. In Japan it was just SMT Online.

And the Tatsuya and Maya avatar names that were used by the protagonist and "Maya" were N-jima and Y-ko in the original Japanese; a reference in itself to the original Megami Tensei.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Off Screen Stuff.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By AngelN7

They HAVE to bring Koromaru! and a whinier grown up Ken just to piss people off even more.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

nice, cant wait for the continuation of the story, makes me wonder who the boss will be, if they will truly go all the way and have narlyothep (i know i butchered the fuck out of the name) as the last boss.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Wraith1

finally we can have the ace detective vs the ace defective

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Hopefully this comes over here to the U.S either digital or physical.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this was the route they were going to take- and I'm super excited for it. It makes me even more curious about what Persona 5 is going to be, then. Unfortunately it probably won't be the police-academy setting I've been hoping for, with the only returning characters being Chie & Akihiko... but hey, I trust 'em.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hector said:

It can't not come to the US... right? Also:

No Caption Provided

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yukari looks like a power ranger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should really get around to playing Arena.

Also, now I'm super anxious to know what Persona 5 is going to be. Hearing people talk about Arena had me convinced that 5 was going to be a follow-up to that. I guess not.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hailinel

Maybe she got a role on the next Phoenix Ranger Featherman series. :P

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I knew this was the route they were going to take- and I'm super excited for it. It makes me even more curious about what Persona 5 is going to be, then. Unfortunately it probably won't be the police-academy setting I've been hoping for, with the only returning characters being Chie & Akihiko... but hey, I trust 'em.

What about Naoto and her robot partner Genesis?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bigjeffrey

Shadow Yukari

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    @toowalrus said:

@hector said:

It can't not come to the US... right? Also:

Will probably come in like a couple of months post JP launch.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Naoto's novel takes place well after P4A, doesn't it?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Hunter5024

@hailinel said:

@hunter5024 said:

Maybe she got a role on the next Phoenix Ranger Featherman series. :P

I am high fiving you through the internet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By toowalrus

@metalsnakezero said:

@toowalrus said:

Ok, sure. That's not cannon, unless Naoto showers in rogaine. Doesn't she have some kind of living motorcycle or something? That thing is weird.

@hailinel said:

Naoto's novel takes place well after P4A, doesn't it?

It does, but she's 15-16 during the events of P4, and 17-18 during the novel, so her ass-length hair tells me they weren't considering it when writing P4A or P4:G's prologue.

...or it's just a character redesign and it's totally cannon, who knows.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bocam

If we follow how Atlus and Arc System Works write sequels, everyone's going to die a horrible death in many different parallel universes

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zeik

@bocam said:

@toowalrus said:

If we follow how Atlus and Arc System Works write sequels, everyone's going to die a horrible death in many different parallel universes

Oh man, can you imagine if they did that to the P3/P4 cast? People can barely accept Minato dying peacefully. I almost want to see it happen just to see the reaction.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mcfart

Wonder if they will include P4G Epilogue character designs, or new story at all? I hope this isn't a SSF4, but who knows.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Oh man, can you imagine if they did that to the P3/P4 cast? People can barely accept Minato dying peacefully.

This is a sequel to P4A... Elizabeth is gonna go get him. That IS where her story was going, wasn't it? I should probably play through some of them again. But yeah, I'm proving your point here.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zeik

@mcfart said:

Wonder if they will include P4G Epilogue character designs, or new story at all? I hope this isn't a SSF4, but who knows.

Like I said, it's probably what Continuum Shift was to Blazblue. So not quite a full sequel, but more than just a roster update and balance tweaks. So I expect them to continue/conclude the story they set up in the first game and add some new modes probably. (I really hope they add an Abyss like mode this time.)

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Oh man, can you imagine if they did that to the P3/P4 cast? People can barely accept Minato dying peacefully.

This is a sequel to P4A... Elizabeth is gonna go get him. That IS where her story was going, wasn't it? I should probably play through some of them again. But yeah, I'm proving your point here.

Of course he's going to come back... as Nyarlathotep's host body

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@toowalrus said:

@zeik said:

Of course he's going to come back... as Nyarlathotep's host body

Hey, that'd actually be better then him stumbling out of the stone and just saying "...hey."

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By Animasta

I want Maya in this so badly you don't even know. Maya is the best.

I mean, with Nyarlathotep being (possibly?) the main villain... We need to bring Persona 2 back around. Solve that shit yo.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

I mean, with Nyarlathotep being (possibly?) the main villain... We need to bring Persona 2 back around. Solve that shit yo.

Isn't Maya approaching forty at this point? Persona 2 took place in the mid-nineties, from what I understand.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

I'd love to see the Innocent Sin cast get the resolution they deserve that was sorely lacking in Eternal Punishment, so I fully support their inclusion.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@animasta said:

Isn't Maya approaching forty at this point? Persona 2 took place in the mid-nineties, from what I understand.

So? She uses guns. Plus she's the only one out of the persona 2 cast that would make sense... plus if it is the boss from 2, I think it'd be good to touch back on it and tie it more firmly with 3 and 4.

Maya has a vested interest in it, with her being the only one of the 5 from innocent sin to remember it (iirc)

Ulala would be weird, because she wasn't very invested in it.

Katsuya is too cookie cutter. I'd say it would make sense if he had been the one selling weapons in 3, but...

Baofu was old enough already, plus he already avenged his... something or other. I forget who it was now.

Tatsuya, Jun, Lisa, Michelle all don't remember. which might be a pretty great plot pointy.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Figure out a way to put Chidori in this game I don't care how just do it!

Axe... on a chain! So many possibilities!

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88  Edited By Killercombo

Looks cool but I am in the UK so see you guys online in 2015.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hailinel said:

@animasta said:

I think it would be super cool to see those characters at such an older age.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killercombo said:

Looks cool but I am in the UK so see you guys online in 2015.

I think there's a decent chance this one won't be region locked, so you might not have to wait that long.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figure out a way to put Chidori in this game I don't care how just do it!

I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE AND WISH TO SECOND IT.

@animasta said:

@hailinel said:

@animasta said:

So? She uses guns. Plus she's the only one out of the persona 2 cast that would make sense... plus if it is the boss from 2, I think it'd be good to touch back on it and tie it more firmly with 3 and 4.

Maya has a vested interest in it, with her being the only one of the 5 from innocent sin to remember it (iirc)

Ulala would be weird, because she wasn't very invested in it.

Katsuya is too cookie cutter. I'd say it would make sense if he had been the one selling weapons in 3, but...

Baofu was old enough already, plus he already avenged his... something or other. I forget who it was now.

Tatsuya, Jun, Lisa, Michelle all don't remember. which might be a pretty great plot pointy.

I'm just saying that she wouldn't necessarily be the same Maya that you remember. A person can change a lot in a decade and a half. If she waltzed onto the scene and was the exact same person from Persona 2, I'd call bullshit.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: While EP Tatsuya has no memories, IS Tatsuya is still stuck in his own personal hell

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Animasta

@hailinel: well obviously, it would be bullshit. It'd be nice just to have recognition of the events of Sumaru city, if it is indeed Nyarlathotep; Maya's the easiest way I can think of to facilitate this. At the very least, some sort of Shadow Operative investigation in Sumaru City, because if they're going to reuse stages, than it has to take place back in the shadow world...

I have no idea though. I just want Maya. I JUST WANT TO STAY POSITIVE.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zeik

Oh man, I just realized a new version of the game could mean they could get original Teddie VA back. That could be one of the most exciting things about this for me. Do that for me Atlus and I'll pay whatever you want!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Animasta

@hailinel: well obviously, it would be bullshit. It'd be nice just to have recognition of the events of Sumaru city, if it is indeed Nyarlathotep; Maya's the easiest way I can think of to facilitate this. At the very least, some sort of Shadow Operative investigation in Sumaru City, because if they're going to reuse stages, than it has to take place back in the shadow world...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Animasta

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zeik
    JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By JunkHype

Yukari! Yessssss!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@starvinggamer: isn't axe on a chain the same exact thing Labrys has?

Labrys's axe isn't on a chain. She can throw a rocket punch with her fist secured by a chain, though. There wouldn't be any move overlap if Chidori were included.

Though honestly, going back to P1 & P2, I'd rather see Tamaki show up, just to fuck with people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.