Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

European release?

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By neurotic

@Mustachio: I still care! Huzzah, I might be able to play this game in my lifetime!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#202  Edited By Venatio
    @Neurotic said:

@Mustachio: I still care! Huzzah, I might be able to play this game in my lifetime!

I also still care! Quite alot actually, occasionally seeing this thread pop up just makes me sad, I just want the damn game already

Regionlocking the PS3 version and delaying the game for 8 months is the worst thing Atlus has ever done
    neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By neurotic

@Venatio: Better some actual progress than people asking 'When's it coming out? This sucks' or NA duders being like 'It totally sucks you don't have this yet, it's great!'

But yes, Atlus totally suck for locking it. I haven't forgotten that just cos I'm excited that we might be getting the game soon.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Petiew
    @Mustachio: Thanks for the info.  

I feel like this is just referring to the extra bonuses they talked about though. They straight up told us when the PS3 version had been received and as far as I know they were just waiting on the 360 version before they could put it up for certification.

As long as it's out by EVO I'm fine with this. I might find watching the matches more interesting if I actually know what's going on.
    Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

eXit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By eXit13

@chibithor: Dude thanks ,, I was about to buy it from the US store .

you just saved me 30$ ::)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Cloudenvy

I don't really have anywhere to post this and it barely relates to Persona 4 Arena, but hopefully this is the start of something good:

In a rather unexpected turn of events, the official European Playstation Blog has revealed that two of Atlus's PSP titles, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time and Gungnir, will be available on the European PSN this week. These titles can be purchased for €29.99 or £23.99. Atlus is not known for releasing its own titles in Europe, preferring instead to let companies like Ghostlight do so instead, so this is new territory for the company.

Just get a European office already, Atlus!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been focusing my waiting energies into Fire Emblem for a while now, so I'm a little less disappointed by the wait for this.

But still, 6 months later, who's still hype!...? Trying to gauge if it'll be possible to get some games online in if/when it releases.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Chibithor

@mwng: I'm not sure if hype is the right word for it, but I still have my pre-order up and am looking forwards to hopefully playing it at some point in the future.

Though I also just realized that if they keep delaying it much further I'll be in the army when it releases. Fun!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...anymore news on this topic?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Cloudenvy

@venatio said:

So...anymore news on this topic?

Sort of? Zen came out yesterday and basically said "Yo you guys, we know you want this game but the 360 version still isn't here" which means: Yay, more waiting. Then people, understandably, got as pissy as ever and Zen posted this:

A few things I'd like to address on here if I may.

We do understand everyone's frustration here - of course we do. Everyone here has a right to complain about the wait. You're unhappy about it, and we welcome everyone's opinion.

If you want to vent your rage, then you are absolutely free to do so on here. To some extent, this is what we're here for.

We do read all your posts and comments daily and I am very much in favour of not censoring posts and allowing you all to speak freely.

However, I'd like you all to bare in mind that there are thousands of people here who simply want to enjoy the page, the posts and share and discuss Persona related images, topics and discussions.

With this in mind, I would urge you to keep any overly aggressive posts in place and within a few topics. Derailing every post with bad language and name calling is spoiling the page for the majority of people who simply want to enjoy it here.

Again, I'm opposed to censoring and banning individuals, but if it gets to the point where it is affecting others, and I begin to receive too many complaints from other users and about individuals than I will have to reconsider.

Those who know me will understand I 'm even handed when it comes to this kind of stuff, but there is a limit to what is acceptable here.

To conclude: More clusterfucking and more people who don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: Fun stuff...

Well it's good that there are alot of people like me who just thinks this all sucks

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For once I don't think the delay is down to Zen, though they appear to be getting all the flack for it. And to be fair, nothing they're going to post will make up for the wait, just seems to be them responding to people who are demanding updates even though there's nothing to update on.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Cloudenvy

@mwng: It isn't down to Zen, it's down to Ark for not getting that 360 build out. The reasonable people don't really demand updates on the release date anymore, people really want to know the reason for all this now, why it's taking so long and why this has been such a total disaster which I think is a totally fair demand.

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Metalisticpain

Basically, Atlus/Arc don't get enough return out of Europe (Hence the no office in the region). Their devs are working on newer titles and P4A is getting very little prioritization from the teams on making the changes necessary for a European release :(

It will come out eventually but yeah. I doubt they get much money from Europe sales so why would they put a lot of time into getting it out fast? Its probably just on someones to do list when they have downtime.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, Atlus/Arc don't get enough return out of Europe (Hence the no office in the region). Their devs are working on newer titles and P4A is getting very little prioritization from the teams on making the changes necessary for a European release :(

It will come out eventually but yeah. I doubt they get much money from Europe sales so why would they put a lot of time into getting it out fast? Its probably just on someones to do list when they have downtime.

If they are gonna go ahead and not give a shit about Europe then why the hell did the regionlock the damn thing, it's like the only PS3 game that has it

I could've imported the game 7 months ago

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venatio said:

why the hell did the regionlock the damn thing

not give a shit about Europe

Well, you pretty much answered your own question.

Also, attempting to edit a quote and write after it on this site is the worst thing ever. Am I just doing it wrong?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#218  Edited By Soap

Dear Europe,

Fuck you.

Love from Atlus x

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Saw people talking in this thread and got all excited. Now I'm back to being sad :(

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm disappointed every time this thread gets a bump of hope :(

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed every time this thread gets a bump of hope :(

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Saw people talking in this thread and got all excited. Now I'm back to being sad :(

Same here.

It's weird how the only people left talking about P4A here are the ones without it.

On a somewhat unrelated note another ArcSys fighter Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus which was released in NA (for PS3/360 anyway) late 2012 is also missing an EU release date.

GG XX AC Plus is out on the EU Xbox marketplace.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XenoNick

Weird. Wikipedia says that it was released on 360 in 'select regions' (list at Shoryuken) so I guess it's just the PS3 and select countries for 360 that are missing the release.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny seeing all those news stories saying the delay for Europe would be brief from like June of last year when googling release date info for this game

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Vextroid

@venatio said:

@metalisticpain said:

...why the hell did the regionlock the damn thing...

That's the reason. The US version has Japanese VA and is cheaper than the Japanese release. Japanese players would have imported and the Japanese branch of Atlus would have lost money.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have I got fresh news for all of you:

An update for you today - and a positive one at that.
    We are now in submission for the Xbox 360 build of Persona 4 Arena.
    Though dependent on when it passes, of course - I think it's realistic for me to say we're looking at a May release.
    I will update you all on the specifics very soon...

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Atlas needs a European Office bad. I am willing to run it, seriously. Can't wait for this game to come out.

PersonaUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By PersonaUser

This game has not been released in EU??? That sucks, I've recently been getting back into it on 360 (REALLY GOOD). Someone should try the region switcher and switch to NA and see if they can download it from GoD.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurah! Just the regular logistics delays remaining!

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Chibithor

@personauser said:

This game has not been released in EU??? That sucks, I've recently been getting back into it. Someone should try the region switcher and switch to NA and see if they can download it from GoD.

On PS3 the game is region locked even if you download it from NA Store. Some people tried to download the 1h demo with their NA PS+ and it would download but not playable

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's finally happening!

Maybe...

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for this to show up used somewhere will probably take forever, but as long as they don't get any of my money for this crap then it's entirely worth the wait.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#234  Edited By WalkerTR77

It's been an interminable wait, but I'm happy to be getting my hands on it (conveniently just after exams). I know a lot of people were invested in the multiplayer but surely it will still be viable online and the majority are coming for the continuation of the Persona 4 story?

A round of victory beef bowls for all!

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Metalisticpain

@venatio said:

@metalisticpain said:

If they are gonna go ahead and not give a shit about Europe then why the hell did the regionlock the damn thing, it's like the only PS3 game that has it

Because they didnt want US players importing it from Japan. Thats why. US players buying JPN copies would screw em since the Yen is doing so bad against the US dollar :)

We get screwed is a result of that. But as i said, they care not.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#236  Edited By happenstance
    EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's still something Zen is holding up their sleeve. Hopefully it'll be a low low price and not some worthless gunk like a mouse pad or stickers. That digital fan pack is insulting enough.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally... And what's this digital fan pack? Avatars and wallpapers?

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But is it even like xbox display pics? regardless, its called MS Paint.

Hoping for something else + a lower price.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#240  Edited By Snail

@herk said:

Seems that way. The ratio on some of those images makes them seem like dual-monitor wallpapers too. Which is kinda rare, but I'd rather see that posted on their website under a "wallpapers" section rather than boasted as a "pre-order bonus".

There might also be screensavers in there or something I guess.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail An animated Persona 4-styled screensaver would be cool actually!

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#242  Edited By cutyoface

Finally.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#243  Edited By Killercombo

My pre order will depend on how the goodies are presented: it looks to be that the preorder stuff is tacked on and not in a special edition box (same with P4G and the pre-order pins) if so I will keep the stuff and return the game for a refund, then wait till the price crash a few weeks later.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

@herk said:

Seems that way. The ratio on some of those images makes them seem like dual-monitor wallpapers too.

I bet a pube that it's just the size for a facebook cover picture.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.