Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Boss fight help

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jebara

So I'm in my second playthrough of the game, trying to do everything I couldn't in the first run, and one of those things is the Margaret boss fight, however I do remember something of a requirement of beating all the optional bosses before the next story boss appears in the original Persona 4 although I'm not sure of it.

I beat the Namatame boss but did not go back to the dungeon after I beat it to fight the optional boss and now the week of testing has begun,which if if I remember correctly would end with a series of events that would open up the next dungeon.

Will this have prevent the Margaret boss in The Golden or is it just the original, or was this not the case for even the original game either?

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think you at least have to beat the Heaven bonus boss before Margaret gives you the invitation (on 3/20 after you get Orb of Sight). That's presumably so that it's out of the way for the encounter. I'm not sure about if you have to have done the rest cos I always did.

So you should be fine. I only ever did the bonus bosses once a new dungeon opened anyway. Never spend more time in the TV than you have to.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Going to change the title of this thread to avoid any possible spoilers. Carry on.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By neurotic

@sparky_buzzsaw said:

Going to change the title of this thread to avoid any possible spoilers. Carry on.

And move it from the Persona 4 forum?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Superkenon

This totally was in the Persona 4 forum. And I posted a reply in it. Now, neither of these things appear true!

I AM CONFUSED AND SCARED

edit: but yeah, I think you're fine. The only thing I remember about the optional bosses is making sure you've beaten them all before the final day.

Of course the bigger thing is Margaret's S-Link...

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Sorry, I forgot that it was a secret boss,I'll edit my posts later.

Anyway, I heard something sometime ago about defeat the optional boss before the next dungeon, or something like that but when I look it up I see little mention of it in most sites but sometime I see it mentioned with little detail(finish the opt bosses but nothing about doing it before the next dungeon)

So I'm worried I'll play through all that only to find out last second that I screwed up, I had the same situation with Adachi and had to go back a save file that was two months back, I don't want to do that again.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Whoops! Now you may carry on!

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EricSmith

Cast Bufu.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jimmyfenix
    Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jebara: I never even heard of that requirement before. I did a quick perusal just now and couldn't find anything about a deadline either, except for just making sure you've defeated them all before finishing the Magatsu Inaba dungeon.

I mean, if you have a save that's only like a week or two back, it might be worth it to load it up so you're not sweating the paranoia going forward. But I think you're fine.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jebara

Thanks guys, I'm starting to think with golden your allowed to do this after the next dungeon comes up.

And I was pretty sure I posted this in the Persona 4 Golden section, I remember searching for it, and the clicking it, it had the Golden background pic and everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.