Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Valentine's Day

• 66 results
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@FluxWaveZ: @Karmosin:

According to 's guide you can choose to be friends in P3P. I'm pretty sure you couldn't in original P3 though, as others have said.

And yeah - that video should have been a string of the MC getting slapped across the face and/or kicked in the nads. What it was instead was horrifying.

I guess Index Corp decided to just dig the knife deeper and it totally works.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Red

@Karmosin said:

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Red said:

I'm so glad Persona 4 let you take the route of friendship with female S. Links instead of Persona 3's forcing you to either date the character or not progress your Social Link past level 5 or 6.

That can't be right, is it?

I think it was only changed in P3P.

Was it not only so that the girls couldn't get mad anymore? Or did you get the option to just be friends? Though it would be weird if they didn't fix that in P3P, seeing that it was released after P4.

Also, Chie should just kick Douchebag-Charlie in the nuts. Galatic punt his ass!

On the female side you can choose to be just friends, but for the male side it's still girlfriend or nothing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By BradBrains

@selfconfessedcynic said:

According to 's guide you can choose to be friends in P3P. I'm pretty sure you couldn't in original P3 though, as others have said.

And yeah - that video should have been a string of the MC getting slapped across the face and/or kicked in the nads. What it was instead was horrifying.

If i remember correctly this is true. Basically once I got to level 5 or 6 you could only really hang out with one girl until they were maxed out then Id go onto the next one. Also keeping your word for hangout days were pretty important.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By rjayb89

My God, declining everyone's invitation in favor of hanging out with the guys is probably the best one. Kanji made the best chocolate, unsurprisingly, then Yukiko's (surprisingly). The best part of all this is getting chewed out by all the girls but they have no idea how much Charlie loves broing out.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OmegaChosen

@rjayb89 said:

My God, declining everyone's invitation in favor of hanging out with the guys is probably the best one. Kanji made the best chocolate, unsurprisingly, then Yukiko's (surprisingly). The best part of all this is getting chewed out by all the girls but they have no idea how much Charlie loves broing out.

Surprisingly enough this is true. At least, it made me feel less guilty than if I had chosen one of the girls over the others.

"You don't need to cry Chie/Yukiko/Rise/Naoto. I'm not spending Valentine's with another girl, I'm just broing it out with the guys because they've got nobody and it makes me laugh."

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear I've never had the all-guys option for Valentines Day. How do you unlock/trigger it?

When I accepted invites it'd always be "You have received 1 message."

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#57  Edited By rjayb89

@selfconfessedcynic: I just declined all 6 invitations by the ladies and it just happens after all the girls get all butthurt about it. There is no specific text message invitation from Yosuke, Kanji, or Teddie either to accept/decline.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: Haha, oh okay.

I guess the devs didn't want you to go home with nothing - that's kindof awesome : )

I need to check this out.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By wchigo

@FluxWaveZ: @selfconfessedcynic:

@Darkstalker said:

If i remember correctly this is true. Basically once I got to level 5 or 6 you could only really hang out with one girl until they were maxed out then Id go onto the next one. Also keeping your word for hangout days were pretty important.

I know that in FES at least, there's no way for friendship. At a certain point, all your female S. Links will turn romantic, some just earlier than others. I believe some would turn romantic as soon as 5 or 6, while some might not turn until 7 or 8. At that point, you need to spend time with them at least once every 45 days or their S. Link would reverse and you could no longer find them at their normal spots. Any time you went out with another girl, that would decrease the time you had by 15 days.

So, for example: you're romantically involved with Chie and Naoto. On October 1, you spend time with Chie, so you have 45 days from today to spend time with her again until her S. Link becomes reversed. On October 2, you spend time with Naoto. You now have 45 days to spend time with Naoto and only 29 days (1 day passed and a 15 day deduction for being with another girl) to spend time with Chie before they both become reversed.

So realistically you could juggle 3 romantic S. Links in P3 with ease, though you'd have to be wary of holidays where you don't have access to school and couldn't do ANY S. Links with schoolmates, even if you lived in the same dorm with them! God that was dumb, so glad they changed that for P4 as well.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By OmegaChosen

@wchigo said:

@FluxWaveZ: @selfconfessedcynic:

@Darkstalker said:

I know that in FES at least, there's no way for friendship. At a certain point, all your female S. Links will turn romantic, some just earlier than others. I believe some would turn romantic as soon as 5 or 6, while some might not turn until 7 or 8. At that point, you need to spend time with them at least once every 45 days or their S. Link would reverse and you could no longer find them at their normal spots. Any time you went out with another girl, that would decrease the time you had by 15 days.

So, for example: you're romantically involved with Chie and Naoto. On October 1, you spend time with Chie, so you have 45 days from today to spend time with her again until her S. Link becomes reversed. On October 2, you spend time with Naoto. You now have 45 days to spend time with Naoto and only 29 days (1 day passed and a 15 day deduction for being with another girl) to spend time with Chie before they both become reversed.

So realistically you could juggle 3 romantic S. Links in P3 with ease, though you'd have to be wary of holidays where you don't have access to school and couldn't do ANY S. Links with schoolmates, even if you lived in the same dorm with them! God that was dumb, so glad they changed that for P4 as well.

In P3P there's still no way to be just friends with girls, which seems a tad unfair seeing as you can do that as a girl with boys. In fact, from how I understand it, you gotta actually work to get into a romance as a girl by setting multiple flags with the potential boyfriends, ala Naoto's romance. Minato is still forced to be a pimp though.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm - so I finally got around to checking out Valentines Day With The Bros yesterday. It's definitely a pretty cool scene, though those who like it over the girls ones are crazy.

It may be because I was in a relationship with Naoto, but there's a moment there that Kanji says with all seriousness that he isn't interested in her in that way, and I - maybe because of the VO? - believed him. That and he makes YOU chocolate for valentines day. I really like his character, and he continues to shine in these optional scenes.

In addition, I just went shopping with the Dojimas and overheard Kanji and Yukiko talking about why he dyes his hair - and at the end it totally hints at the Golden Ending haircut.

Man, every other time I switch this thing on, I see something new.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#62  Edited By StarvingGamer

Fuck, I was avoiding this thread because I was afraid of spoilers and now I just feel like an asshole. I hate this game. I might be more bummed out about this than I was at the end of The Walking Dead. Fuck.

This game is amazing.

I think I would pay anything for an Endurance Run EX where Jeff and Vinnie just hit all the new content. Someone should make a game with Charlie Tunoku and use different save slots to queue up every major event, then mail them the memory card. Are there more than 16? No, right? Actually, would that work? Fuck, maybe I should do it myself and get rid of this shitty 4GB card.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer: Haha, did you get burned for cheating or something?

I can definitely see a bunch of people trying out the Marie lovers path in addition to their OG preference(s) and coming out of valentines in shambles.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By OmegaChosen

@StarvingGamer: Haha, did you get burned for cheating or something?

I can definitely see a bunch of people trying out the Marie lovers path in addition to their OG preference(s) and coming out of valentines in shambles.

Marie is sort of a pseudo-romance as far as Valentines is concerned, since you don't have to choose her over someone else. You'll actually get the scene with her giving you chocolate no matter what you do that day, even if you chose to be just friends with her. Not one hundred percent sure if she still kisses though.

I kinda wish Jeff and Vinny had played this game, just to see how they would have reacted to Valentines and all the other content. I don't think I can ever go back to vanilla P4. This games is just more complete.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaChosen: Ah okay, so her meeting takes no time. I've only ever seen the friends path for that one.

Good to know I guess.

And yeah, I'm the same - the moment I heard snowflakes, I was like "okay, I guess I can finally pack up my PS2". Literally a month of extra content right there, let alone the weeks of stuff during the normal school year.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#66  Edited By StarvingGamer

@selfconfessedcynic: I romanced everyone. It was a bloodbath.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.