Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5 Strikers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2020

A sequel to Persona 5 storyline, maintaining the RPG but now with a real-time Musou-esque hack-and-slash combat.

Persona 5 Strikers is heavy on P5 spoilers and requires you play P5.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Haz_Kaj

To fully enjoy P5 Scramble Strikers you pretty much have to play P5 to get the most out of this Yet they put this on PC and Switch when a ton of people will go into this blind. Dumb move by Atlus they should have ported P5(preferably Royal) to more platforms to get people into that PT storyline.

Ryan3370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P5 on switch would be great but who gets mad over spoilers for a 5 year old game

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m sure it’s that easy.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryan3370 said:

P5 on switch would be great but who gets mad over spoilers for a 5 year old game

I mean its detrimental to the enjoyment of scramble. Just sucks for switch and PC owners thats all.

You get more out of this game if you played P5.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By FacelessVixen

As expected. Won't be playing this for a while.

@ryan3370 said:

I dunno. People who haven't finished it yet?

Ryan3370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I didn't finish it either but I think it's unreasonable for me to be upset if I bought strikers and it had spoilers for P5. If I didn't finish it by now that's on me

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incidentally it's in a weird spot as well because Royal has things that you would understand only if you had played strikers.

It's not THAT important but it's kinda fun.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By imhungry

While I'd absolutely love if they ported P5R to more platforms, I'm not sure this is as 'dumb' as you seem to think. They probably did whatever research and calculation they needed to and figured that the slice of people who would want to play Scramble but haven't played P5 is too narrow to matter at the current point in time. It makes even more sense when you think about the install base of the Switch and the PS3/4 in the game's primary market (Japan).

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@haz_kaj said:
    @ryan3370 said:

I mean its detrimental to the enjoyment of scramble. Just sucks for switch and PC owners thats all.

You get more out of this game if you played P5.

I mean, I'll be playing this on PC and I've played through Persona 5 twice. Plenty of people have consoles but prefer to play games on PC if the option exists. I'm very glad the game will be on PC.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish that we get Persona 4 Strikers too because I would love to give my steam Persona 4 Golden version a try.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By madpierrot

I feel saying Persona 5 Strikers is filled with Persona 5 spoilers a bit odd. I've seen it brought up a bit that this more or less a sequel to 5, through reviews and marketing, so you'd expect it to have Persona 5 story stuff in. The adds seem about getting the band back together for a summer trip together. Also wouldn't you just assume it's going to have that stuff since it's a game that's coming out way after 5 in the same universe? But yeah as someone that's beat vanilla 5 and Royal it'd be cool to see, preferably Royal, put out on more stuff. Game is just so good.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I would like Royal on PC because I would like to see all the new story stuff but I don’t actually want to play through a 100+ hr JRPG again for a few new scenes. On PC I could probably just turn on a bunch of cheats and enjoy a NG+ godmode run for the narrative elements.

And yah I get the sentiment of the thread. Not sure why so many folks are so quick to dismiss it. They are essentially putting out a sequel to a game on platforms where the first one is not available - and that’s odd and not a great move but when has Atlus done anything that made sense.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Even weirder is that Strikers actually follows vanilla P5, not Royal. There's like, a few lines of dialogue that briefly acknowledge it, but by and large it plays off the ending of the original game. It's a consequence of them being developed at relatively the same time, but it's still pretty dumb.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

I would like Royal on PC because I would like to see all the new story stuff but I don’t actually want to play through a 100+ hr JRPG again for a few new scenes. On PC I could probably just turn on a bunch of cheats and enjoy a NG+ godmode run for the narrative elements.

And yah I get the sentiment of the thread. Not sure why so many folks are so quick to dismiss it. They are essentially putting out a sequel to a game on platforms where the first one is not available - and that’s odd and not a great move but when has Atlus done anything that made sense.

While it does have new scenes throughout the course of the entire game, Royal also has what is essentially a 15+ hour expansion at the end of the game. Not that this information really changes the requirement to play through a 100+ hour again to experience the new content, but it is more than just a handful of new scenes sprinkled through the game.

As for the second point, it only really makes sense in a world where everyone only plays games on a single platform. Tons of people have a switch to complement their main game platform, and many PC gamers have consoles to play exclusives. Someone that played Persona 5 on PS4 may want the ability to play Strikers on the go. I personally will be playing Strikers on PC because I prefer to play games on that platform, but I did play Persona 5 and Royal PS4.

Of course, it would be ideal if Persona 5 was released on those platforms as well (I do think a PC release for Persona 3 and 5 is inevitable after Golden), but it's not totally crazy that Strikers is available on these platforms. There are plenty of reasons someone that played the original game on PS4 would want to get Strikers on PC or Switch. I have a hard time trying to spin a game series being available on more platforms than it usually is as a bad thing, even if it's not being done in the 100% most ideal way.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ll_exile_ll: I don't think it's inherently a bad thing, but I do think it's a valid point to say it creates an iffy situation for a whole subsection of players that never played the original and have no way to do so because they are PC only - a not unsubstantial percentage of the gaming market. I'm not really disagreeing with you on anything here and it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just real weird that they would bring this game to PC and they still haven't brought P5 over. One would think this was the ideal time to make a double pack and boost sales of both games.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Undeadpool

I'd much, much, much, MUCH rather they continue the story rather than just endlessly retelling the core one or tiptoeing around spoilers for a theoretical...fan?

I'm thrilled we're getting a sequel to the best Persona game that's going to have a meatier story mode than P4 Arena, and considering the other "Warriors" games available on Switch, there are plenty of other options for people who haven't played P5 (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is an INCREDIBLE game, and an exemplar of the musou genre), so I don't see a problem.

I don't see why someone who hasn't played P5 would be interested in a sequel game that's a totally different genre.

@ll_exile_ll: I think Strikers is only a sequel to core P5 (I can imagine they'll throw in Kasumi as DLC). And while I really dug the story of Royal, I was disappointed it just felt like a story-extender while not doing a lot new with the characters. I think it's a better game overall, but I feel like P4 did a little more with the interpersonal/party dynamics, and The Golden ESPECIALLY expanded on a lot of those in a way that made Royal a little disappointing for me.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I'd much, much, much, MUCH rather they continue the story rather than just endlessly retelling the core one or tiptoeing around spoilers for a theoretical...fan?

I don't see why someone who hasn't played P5 would be interested in a sequel game that's a totally different genre.

I think it's not that people would've rather seen this game be completely seperated from Persona 5's storyline, it's that the PC-only crowd that has been interested in Persona 5 but don't own a console, now are in an unfortunate position. I'm technically one of them i guess, although it doesn't have a huge priority for me.

Either they'll play this new game and learn what happened in Persona 5, without experiencing it firsthand or they decide to not play a game that they would like to play because there's still a chance they'll get to play Persona 5 first in the next few years.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is so not what I expected it to be that it I’m having a time deciding how I feel about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.