Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Fan Eng patch/recent official patch: "Japanese connections only"

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dungbootle

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about or provide a link to it here, but a fan-translated English patch has been out for a little while now. It's really incredibly useful and its why I (and several others it seems) have started playing. The thing is, it actually breaks the ToS, because you are altering game files. I haven't heard of anyone being banned for it, but it's a possibility.

Also, just last night, the game was patched and the ToS was updated, stating that only connections from within Japanese territory are allowed to connect to the game servers. Some think this may be in response to the English patch. No one has been banned yet however, though bumped.org recommends foreign players to lay low. This clause was previously in the ToS before, but was removed, and this update puts it back in.

Source: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-japanese-connections-only/

EDIT: Oh, there's already a thread about this, my bad. Well I can't seem to delete this so here you go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.