Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 11, 2001

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney follows a young attorney as he struggles to find his footing and live up to the legacy his mentor left him. Along the way, he encounters a cast of eccentric characters and tough cases.

Old Blog [Delete]

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By bacongames

:D :D :D :D :D

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@bacongames said:

If I must be honest, I'd quicker by the carts cheaper down the line and get an emulated version when a good enough DS emulator hits the market. Still though, I don't want to resort to that when Capcom has been doing some things right, which is what makes me feel bad for everyone involved, fans and creators alike.

I bought the original on iOS then did the above a number of months ago as I didn't know there would be a release of this collection.

It's all very moral grey area, but the games emulate just fine right now - though carts can be difficult to find. I'm sad to hear that people don't like the new art, but I believe in voting with your wallet so even though I'm pretty fine with it, go with your gut.

As for Capcom, *shrug* - I personally just purchase the games I want in the forms I want them and leave it at that.

ED: That said, I'll be buying a 3DS for AA:DD

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I played the first one on my iPhone before the HD trilogy was released, and eagerly picked up the second game for my iPad when that came out. I had the same misgivings about the art when I first started. The characters that I was used to seeing in the DS art style seemed a bit...off. Mia was perhaps the worst offender. However, after the first two trials I had ceased to notice. The art all seems fine to me now, particularly for the new characters that I haven't seen in any other way. I'd recommend just soldiering on and seeing how you feel after some time. Better than spending more money on a different version.

As for Capcom adding a DS graphics option, I'm sorry to say that there's probably no chance of that. I really am enjoying the HD version though. I think you'll get used to it. Best of luck, regardless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.