The Pittsburgh wiki last edited by skrutop on 05/13/15 10:39AM
View full history
Pittsburgh is typically only seen as a locale for video games sports games which feature teams from the city. The current arenas/venues from Pittsburgh include:
- Heinz Field (NFL Football/NCAA Football): Heinz Field is located on the North End of the city, and is the home field for the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Franchise, as well as the University of Pittsburgh Panthers NCAA football team. Though the Panthers play at Heinz Field, their campus is on the other end of town.
- Consol Energy Center (NHL Hockey): The home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, the CEC is located in the Hill District. It sits across the street from the demolished Mellon Arena, former home of the Pens.
- PNC Park (Major League Baseball): Frequently called the best stadium in Major League Baseball, PNC Park sits next to the Allegheny river, on the North End of town. The Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team plays here. PNC Park is located very close to Heinz Field.
- Petersen Events Center (NCAA Basketball): The Petersen Events Center, located at the University of Pittsburgh in the Oakland region of Pittsburgh, is the home court for the Pitt Panthers NCAA basketball team.
- Oakmont Country Club (Professional Golf): Widely regarded as one of the best golf courses in the United States, Oakmont Country Club is located in the Northwestern suburbs of Pittsburgh. It has hosted numerous PGA & LPGA events, including several majors. It has hosted the US Open more often than any other course.
The Pitt, the second DLC pack for Fallout 3, was set in the post-apocalyptic ruins of Pittsburgh. The Pitt was essentially a slave camp where slaves were tasked with working in steel mills and collecting steel ingots from dangerous territory. Some slaves also participated in to-the-death fights in an arena to earn the right to work as a slaver. According to the guards only a few people ever managed to escape from The Pitt. The post-apocalyptic Pittsburgh is infested by a type of mutant known as Trogs and the wastelands are also populated by groups of humans known as wildmen. In Fallout 3 the Lone Wanderer infiltrates The Pitt disguised as a slave to overthrow the leaders of the slave camp and obtain a cure for the Trog mutation.
The Last of Us
A section of Naughty Dog's title The Last of Us takes place in Pittsburgh, as Joel and Ellie are making their way from Boston to Wyoming. Like the rest of the United States, Pittsburgh is a ruin overrun with bandits and infected.