Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Help me decide on a PS2 game to play

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By danielkempster

Because I'm lazy and indecisive. :P

Basically, I can't decide whether to play Resident Evil 4 (which I bought ages ago but haven't gotten round to checking out) or return to Shadow of the Colossus.

Ganados or Colossi?
    Ganados or Colossi?

Thanks in advance.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DualReaver

Zombies? I see no zombies... :(

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Axersia

Yeah, RE4 has no zombies. It has ganados. Zombies are dead, ganados are not.

But anyway, I'm voting RE4 on this one. Shame on you for not having checked it out yet.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By danielkempster
    Axersia said:
    "Yeah, RE4 has no zombies. It has ganados. Zombies are dead, ganados are not."
    My apologies. As I said, I've not played it yet. Fixed the OP. I'm aware the screenshot isn't a "ganado", but it was the most action-oriented one I could find.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

I love how you couldn't be bothered to pick a game to play, yet you could be bothered to whip something up in photoshop lol.

Go with Shadow of the Colossus, that game is awesome. (So's Res 4, but sometimes you have to play something a little different lol)

solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By solidphoenix

Check out Resident Evil 4, shame on you for not trying it sooner! Haha, joking.
    Shadow of the Colossus is an amazing game, but you've got to at least try Resident Evil 4.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danielkempster
    Soap said:
    "I love how you couldn't be bothered to pick a game to play, yet you could be bothered to whip something up in photoshop lol.
    Hehe, I whipped it up for a blog entry yesterday but I haven't had any comments on it as yet, and I'm keen to get back on the PS2 so I thought I'd recycle it on the forums. It's not that I can't be bothered to choose, I'm just very indecisive (ask anyone who knows me).
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By Soap
    dankempster said:
    "Soap said:
    "I love how you couldn't be bothered to pick a game to play, yet you could be bothered to whip something up in photoshop lol.
    Hehe, I whipped it up for a blog entry yesterday but I haven't had any comments on it as yet, and I'm keen to get back on the PS2 so I thought I'd recycle it on the forums. It's not that I can't be bothered to choose, I'm just very indecisive (ask anyone who knows me)."
    Don't worry I was only messing :P

Still I think you should go with Shadow of the Colossus, if you haven't finished it yet you should, the ending is amazing... gahh
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danielkempster
    Soap said:
    "dankempster said:
    "Soap said:
    Hehe, I whipped it up for a blog entry yesterday but I haven't had any comments on it as yet, and I'm keen to get back on the PS2 so I thought I'd recycle it on the forums. It's not that I can't be bothered to choose, I'm just very indecisive (ask anyone who knows me)."
    Don't worry I was only messing :P

Still I think you should go with Shadow of the Colossus, if you haven't finished it yet you should, the ending is amazing... gahh"
    I have finished SotC, but it was about eighteen months ago. It's one of those games I want to revisit at some point, but I also want to leave it long enough so my last playthrough doesn't impair the next one.
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danielkempster

I've decided to play Resident Evil 4. I'm about an hour in and so far it's been good. Took me a while to adjust to the single analog stick controls (one stick for moving and aiming feels pretty cumbersome after recently overdosing on FPS games). The ganados are also uber-freaky. I think I'm gonna dive back into Shadow of the Colossus after I finish RE4.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.